Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hammerli AR20FT

I think Walther are being quite clever with this. There's also the deal for the 10m shooters which gives you the rifle and a full set of clothing for 10m, for around 8-900 euros (cant remember the specific amount).

That seems to ape the idea behind this, to place kit in the hands of new shooters for a very reasonable amount to get them going. That and perhaps clubs as well.

I suspect then, the stuff like the LG400 series will be pitched as a rank above, for the more financially committed.

It's perhaps a more target orientated attempt around what air arms have done with the EV2/MPR/S500/400/200 but just around two platforms, the S200 not being made by AA either. (nor the springer prototype I have on my shelf that never made the light of day either). But towards the top offering, that is no longer a factor with either AA or Walther.

Haven't seen anyone answer, but is the scope mildot? If it is, that would hopefully make it attractive for FT & HFT, and the stock adjustability could mean it could be setup relatively well for both, assuming you don't need to get into moving the scope.

Early days. It seems to have made it's impact in terms of forum inches. I guess it's a case of seeing how well it does in the real world. As ever, that will be the value attached to it vs it's cost, and then people will make up their own minds.

Wonder if there'll be an LG400 dominator.

ed: the 10m rifle and clothing kit is 900 euros.

As a beginner and as a would be FT shooter, my standard thumbhole Daystate Mk4 set up with an EB sniper would take quite an investment to bring up to FT fettle just on the stock and a half decent scope. Then I might not take to it or be able to shoot often enough to justify the expense.

The appearance of the AR20 sets off an entirely new thought process for me because for the price of a scope and stock for my existing rifle (or very little more) I could have a complete new set up in standard form. BAR (with whom I have had lots of first class dealings) have already confirmed elsewhere that the price they quote is inclusive of the scope.

If I was not taken with FT I would have an unmolested set up to sell second hand and potentially lose a lot less money.

It might encourage a lot more people to have a go. My concern is that this price may not last long especially if it proves to be good value and popular.

My two penneth!

Paul

In response to the "is the scope included or not" questions then, YES I have been told by BAR that the scope is included with their AR20's, not sure if it's mildot or not but if your after a cheap set-up for FT or HFT then surely for £599 complete, it's got to be hard to beat. I contemplated getting rid of the Steyr for one of these and a hunting rifle, that was until I woke up and realised i've had too many over the space of a couple of years, sticking to this now and learning it properly (need to as I shot crap in the combined clubs trophy, sorry Emley1)
    Still a bargain, even with the quality issues. triggers pretty good, barrels straight and can be adjusted to fit. BARGAIN
    FX Streamline STX/Aeron. MTC Connect 3-12x24 SCB

Quote Originally Posted by Rubi-tong View Post
    (need to as I shot crap in the combined clubs trophy, sorry Emley1)
    Mark, you shot for Emley 2

Come on Beatman, keep the thread going perhaps the AR20ft v Walther this weekend might do the trick!

Mikes, you teaser.... it's the 15th I think ...
    The AR20's a lot better than I am,
    but I'll turn up to see Jeff and Ozzy, hopefully have a couple of rounds with Ryan, if I don't do well on the first... we'll swap rifles, that way Ryan will appreciate two things, firstly what a bad shot I am and secondly that he will have won his first match with an AR20... (that's not meant as a dig Ryan) as he is a far better at comps than I am.
    However I'll do my best...
    Just remember Leeds United V Manchester United FA Cup 3rd round.

Mark, If you are correct that BAR is about to sell the AR20 FT with the Walther scope... for £599 I hope BAR have a mass of stock because the demand would be phenomenal... But it still sounds too good to be true.
    At this point in time if stocks were available anywhere in the UK @ £640 even without a scope it would still have massive sales.
    The list of people who have seen or tried those that are out there and who are desperate to get their own AR20FT is growing by the day. I have heard of two Gun Shops pondering just how many to order as they have been inundated with potential buyers.

Right,
    Now how's about (come back Jimmy Saville) all the AR20 owners sharing info and tips on here...
    Flashing pic's of their pride and glory (calm down miss) I'm talking mods, bling and targets they hit and at what distance etc.
    Pellets it likes (mozzies are great)
    Achievements.. It would be great to hear of any local or national wins.
    Personal best round scores or course records broken
    Any findings that demonstrate the AR20's true potential.
    You get the idea...
    Last edited by beatman; 05-08-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling... as usual LOL
    DAYSTATE GREY SHADOW No8.... WooHoo

Ron, keeping my car filled up ready to shoot - no pun intended - over to Blackpool when their new stock arrives, Franks says he'll be coming too!

Mikes, you and a thousand others.
    I think you may be wiser to secure the AR20's when stock arrives at Swilly or Redbeck.

Best of luck
    DAYSTATE GREY SHADOW No8.... WooHoo

Quote Originally Posted by beatman View Post
    Mark, If you are correct that BAR is about to sell the AR20 FT with the Walther scope... for £599 I hope BAR have a mass of stock because the demand would be phenomenal... But it still sounds too good to be true.
    It does...but its not , and they are officially imported by Armex and all checked for power by them before dispatch so nothing iffy about them at all .

Lloyd, that is one DAMN good price my friend!!!
    Steyr LG110FT & March 8-80x56 IR

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    The last I heard from someone in Walther they didn't know what reg it had in it, but guessed at the Umerex made 1250. As for the barrels, most guns have Lothar Walther barrels on, for a very good reason.
    Ryan, the reg I have looks like the Dominator 1250's regulator. All made from brass, and long and thin...
    Steyr LG110FT & March 8-80x56 IR

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    Mark, you shot for Emley 2
    Told you i was crap.....
    FX Streamline STX/Aeron. MTC Connect 3-12x24 SCB

OK

I have not long got back from BAR today and yes it comes with said scope and the Price is £559, Payed my deposit and hope to have mine in about 2 weeks, So If you want one from BAR you best move yourself, they ordered 10 and after mine there was only 3 left from thet order of 10

Ron
    Last edited by thejokerman; 05-08-2010 at 06:37 PM.
    Tawd Vale Gun Club,
    Daystster MK4 LE, Daystate MK3, Air Arms EV2 MK2, AirArms S400, Falcon FN8 Raptor WG Pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubi-tong View Post
    Told you i was crap.....
    What at shooting or getting raw data that has been verified to be accurate.