Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Hammerli AR20FT

AT measures...

Did anyone take the AR20 apart already? Are there any AT measures built in?

Anyone?

Ben.
    Last edited by benniezz; 04-10-2010 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by benniezz View Post
    Did anyone take the AR20 apart already? Are there any AT measures built in?

I live in the Netherlands and we don`t have power regulations here.

I consider buying an AR20 in the UK but these AT measures sometimes can really be tough.

Anyone?

Ben.
    Ben

Such talk it not allowed on this forum, I suggest you contact a local dealing in the NL for info

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    Ben

Such talk it not allowed on this forum, I suggest you contact a local dealing in the NL for info
    I`m sorry, you`re right. I edited my post. I already have an answer from Hammerli though.

Ben.

Just thought Id throw some fuel on the old AR20 thread. After finally getting mine after a long wait all I can say is WOW, what an excellent rifle this is and for the relatively low cost its astonishing.

I sold my air arms s410 which was an excellent rifle in its own rights but when compared to the AR20 its really showing its age. I will miss the s410 but after shooting the AR for an hour or so in my garden I know that I defienatley wont regret selling her.
    Last edited by Cbillo; 18-10-2010 at 02:54 PM.
    AR20 FT with MTC VIPER 8-32x60

The Present Is A Gift.

Just got one of these 2nd hand last weekend, put on my ft scope instead of the walther one it came with , 1st impressions from a test at emley are that it is as accurate as any top end ft gun i have owned, the trigger very good although i couldnt seem to get it as light as i had my steyrs, got it light enough though. Consistency wise it is great. To shoot it has a slight bit of flip, im sure a muzzle break would help. When it fires it is very noisy especially in a undercover range. The stock dose feel abit cheap and you can see where they have cut costs and the cocking is abit stiff but imo it is a very good rifle and can easily compete with other top end ft guns. The true test is if it keeps its zero and if it still shoots the same after a few seasons.

Had AR20 over chrony today and was impressed to see how consistent it was. Started testing with 110bar in cylinder and it was giving me a 4fps spread over 10 shots (785-789) with 7.9grain mozzies.

I then filled cylinder to 200bar (dive bottle needs filling) and was surprised to see that the 4fps spread was still there (797-801) but power had gone up from 10.85-10.91ft lbs to 11.13-11.27, while i was expecting a power increase i was a little shocked quite how much it was.

Im now concerened that once I have a 300 bar fill the power is gonna rise again. Hopefully it wont rise over the limit but this power difference could be a problem if you zero with a full cylinder then shoot all the way down to 100bar as the poi will be dropping.

All this said i am still very much impressed with the rifle and cant wait to get out and shoot it again

2nd what MichaelW said about trigger, whilst it is a very predictable and precise trigger i too cant quite get it as light as id like as it stops the rifle from cocking if its set too light.
    AR20 FT with MTC VIPER 8-32x60

The Present Is A Gift.