Thread: Use Of Air Rifles in NSRA Prone & 3P Leagues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Use Of Air Rifles in NSRA Prone & 3P Leagues

The NSRA is running a trial to assess the potential take-up for allowing the use of air rifles in leagues normally restricted to .22 cartridge rifle. Details may be found here.

Rutty

do you have anything on the kit that can be used?

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Very interesting . ditto to the above.

Gary.

do you have anything on the kit that can be used?
    Any equipment will have to comply with NSRA rules. The only change is to substitute air rifle for cartridge rifle. So you'll be able to use your FT rig Rob, but without the 'scope.

Rutty

cool... ta

I could use my 10m rig as well

At Shebbear we already compete in the LSR comps both team and individual using air only, as our indoor range is actually the village hall and is unlikely to get HO approval for live ammo.....!

One of our team shoots 177, a Daystate Harrier, the other two shoot 22, a BSA Ultra and a S410.

We just have to follow the general rules for LSR which are basically any rifle and sight combination not exceeding 4500 g with glove if worn, no special clothing, and a trigger weight of 500 grams or more. That's the hardest bit to achieve without ruining the feel of the rifle.

Our cards aren't identified as having been shot with air so I'm not sure what the NSRA expects to achieve by differentiating air from live ammo in the prone comps.

However this is a good change in my view and our members would certainly take part in more comps if we could shoot them with air.

Edit: all we'd have to do is to build an extension to the village hall.......! as it's a tight fit getting 20 yards in let alone 25.