So sorry to hear this sad news Jim.

You are in my prayers,

A

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
Other than our minister, our UBC mates are the first ones outside the family learning this sad news. I'm sorry if you receive duplicate posts on this: I tried to post earlier but it doesn't seem to have gone.

My wife, our friend, Jan McArthur, passed away at about 12:30 (18:30 UK time) today. I really can't believe that it happened, but it did.

She'd undergone serious surgery for uterine cancer on 11 June. The past few days she'd been extremely tired and short of breath. When she was coming down the steps this morning, she almost passed out. The ambulance took her to the hospital, where I still didn't think that it was going to be anything that serious, till the doctors started saying that they couldn't find a pulse, and that her body temperature was dropping.

She died of a blood clot to her lungs.

Jan was a wonderful woman and the best wife a man could have had. We had nearly 10 happy years together: I only wish it could have been 30 more.

I'm going to be out of action for awhile, so please send the next round of Police scores to PADDY.

MIKEB, I shot 10 meter last night: 36, 36, = 72, 1-handed, Daisy Avanti SSP, Beeman H&N Match pellets.

Take care of yourselves, mates. Enjoy every minute. I wish we could have seen you all again, together, next May: but God, or Fate, or whatever you prefer, had other plans.

Jim