Why, thanks to the both of you!

I didn't mean to scare anyone! I do keep Jan's Facebook account going: I'm on there more often than I'm on my own Facebook account, though I must admit that I get tired of the general lack of any really meaty discussions on Facebook.

I'm surprised, but delighted, to learn that the barman at the pub still remembers me.

I'll be in England in May, but it's part of a whirlwind tour through Wales, the Irish Republic, and hitting Oxford, Stratford, and London. Jan was originally scvheduled to be the college's tour leader. I did a lot of soul-searching before I made up my mind that yes, I think I can bear to go without her, despite the memories of her that will overwhelm me while I'm there.

Some day, if I'm able, I'd like to come back to England one last time, making my own schedule, just to see all the many good friends we made there.

You have summed Jan up perfectly! What it's difficult for a lot of people to understand is that she really WAS exactly that sort of person you saw when you met her. Whether she was teaching a class or talking to a neighbor or alone with me, that enthusiasm and energy was always there.

I miss her terribly, and I know that I always will.

Your friend always.

Jim