Thread: Jan McArthur passed away this morning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i dont know you jim or your late partner (rip jan), i know how you must feel as ilost my partner 4 years ago in a crash and it made me feel helpless ,but as i did you have good friends on here and in your family, if you need anyone to talk to dont feel ashamed to ask for their time , they are here to help you in this bad times,

im getting married next week and my partner has health issues including cancer 3 times ( all clear now ) , i know how hard it is .

take care jim and look back to the life you both had and save those memories
    paul

Please accept our condolences, I hope you have some family near by to help you through the times ahead

I am not a religous man by any means but may your God go with you

Mark and Ed
    My karma ran over your dogma

Hello Jim,

It's not often I post on the BBS these days but being a old pistolero, I always like to keep abreast of what you guys have got going here and we have exchanged posts in the past.

I never exchanged posts with Jan but am well aware of the high regard that the folks on here have for you guys. I'm lost for words my friend. I've been down this particular road a few times now but it never gets any easier. Please accept my deepest sympathy on your sad loss. You are in my thoughts. Take some time out and take care.

Geoff

I don't post a lot on here but have read your post's over the years and am so sorry to hear your awful news.

My sincere condolences to you.

I'm truly sorry to hear this news Jim. The 2 of you will be in my prayers tonight.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. -O.W. 1895

Jim, I'm speechless upon reading this sad news and can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.

Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to meet Jan but it's clear that she was an amazing person and held in high regard by many fellow UBC and BBS members.

Our thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Hang in there fella!
    Vince, Jade, Ruby & Molly.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Thank you, one and all! These are wonderful messages, and I know that Jan would be - no, IS! - delighted and proud of your comments, and your words of encouragement.

As I read through these messages, I note many names I know very well. Some others, I know only slightly, or recall from having corresponded with in the past. Still others are new to me. But we are all part of a great fraternity that knows no national boundaries, and Jan and I are proud to be part of that fraternity.

Please pardon my rambling, but it gives me comfort to talk about Jan on a Forum. If you will forgive also what seems like a comical comparison, but one which just popped into my head a few minutes ago: Jan herself commented that I seemed to take comfort (and I did) from talking on an internet forum about the death of my beloved little dog Andy, back on 4 July 2001: just 6 months after Jan and I got married (6 January 2001).

Tomorrow, I will need to commence all the many things that families have to do when a loved one passes on. But I will be checking back from time to time, and keeping everyone updated.

Your friend,

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 19-07-2010 at 04:45 AM.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone