Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jan McArthur passed away this morning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Our condolances Jim
    Sammie & me

Oh Jim I am so sorry.
    I was lucky enough to have met Jan and consider my life the richer for having met you both.
    We have lost a wife, a friend, a UBC member and a crack shot today. Jan will be sorely missed.
    My thoughts are with you Jim.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Jim,

My deepest sympathy to you and your family,our thoughts and prayers are with you

Dave and family

BigEars Guest
    Jim I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My good wishes go with you.

I was shocked to read this my thoughts are with you and your family Jim

Bill

So sorry to hear of your loss Jim, strength to you.

I come on here every 3 months or so, and it sad to read about this. Sorry for your loss.
    I came into this world screaming and kicking covered in someone else's blood, I intend to go out the same way.

Jim

I can only write this Haiku for you.

So sad.
    Neverending.
    Tears fall.
    For you.
    Last edited by MrGreengrass; 06-10-2011 at 10:06 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Thank you, Woodie, and Mr. Greengrass.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Oh Jim, I am so sorry to hear this news. I have never met you,but have always felt that we have a lot in common, so I am heartbroken for you. Anything we can do to help will be gladly given.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

So sorry to hear this sad news Jim.

You are in my prayers,

A

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Other than our minister, our UBC mates are the first ones outside the family learning this sad news. I'm sorry if you receive duplicate posts on this: I tried to post earlier but it doesn't seem to have gone.

My wife, our friend, Jan McArthur, passed away at about 12:30 (18:30 UK time) today. I really can't believe that it happened, but it did.

She'd undergone serious surgery for uterine cancer on 11 June. The past few days she'd been extremely tired and short of breath. When she was coming down the steps this morning, she almost passed out. The ambulance took her to the hospital, where I still didn't think that it was going to be anything that serious, till the doctors started saying that they couldn't find a pulse, and that her body temperature was dropping.

She died of a blood clot to her lungs.

Jan was a wonderful woman and the best wife a man could have had. We had nearly 10 happy years together: I only wish it could have been 30 more.

I'm going to be out of action for awhile, so please send the next round of Police scores to PADDY.

MIKEB, I shot 10 meter last night: 36, 36, = 72, 1-handed, Daisy Avanti SSP, Beeman H&N Match pellets.

Take care of yourselves, mates. Enjoy every minute. I wish we could have seen you all again, together, next May: but God, or Fate, or whatever you prefer, had other plans.

Jim

Hi Jim

I am just reading your sad sad news

My thoughts are with you - be strong !

Roy

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    I never had the honour of meeting Jan in person, but I was very privileged to have a long webcam chat with her, and Jim, when getting set up for the October UBC meet.

The moment the camera connected, and I saw Jan's beaming smile, I was captivated

As we go through life we meet many people. Some of those who we meet touch our lives in a very special way, and you realise that your life is better for having known them.

Jan is one of those very special people

Thank you Jan, I am a better person for having known you x.

Cheers all, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

I'm so sorry for your loss, you are in my thoughts, I know I'm on the other side of the atlantic, and I only know of you through the forum, but if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know,

Sonny

Sorry

Just found out Jim and really sorry to hear about your loss ,I had two tumours removed in Feb. and March this year and know how traumatic it is ,if you want to talk more you know my email .
    Brian
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !