Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jan McArthur passed away this morning

David TS is offline Happiness is a warm L1A1 SLR
    Jim

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've been there......things will gradually get better, but it will take time.

You hang on in there

Best regards

David
    When I look back, the fondest memory I have is not really of the Goons. It is of a girl called Julia with enormous breasts.
    Spike Milligan

Jim, I'm knocked sideways by this terrible news.

We all thought and hoped Jan was pulling through after the surgery. I feel so privileged that Cheryl and I met Jan and you last year at the meet. Jan was/is a very special person.

I'm not religious myself, although Cheryl is, but either way you're both in our thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there buddy, it will get easier with time.

Adam, Cheryl and Amy

Ruger_shooter is offline Meadowlark Lemon's Personal Tailor
    My condolences on your sad loss. RIP Jan

Jan

Jim
    There is no way that words, no matter how expressive or deeply felt, can offer you consolation at this time.
    I had no idea that Jan was even ill, never mind how serious it was.

I can not reach out to put an arm round your shoulder, I can not drop round to offer support. If I can help I will but I fear that I am quarter of a world away and no damn use as a friend at this distance.

Jan was special, but you knew that already, and we will miss her.
    Tell us the time of the Funeral or Service and I for one will pause and think of you both.

With deepest sympathy and regrets Carol and I offer our condolences.

Jim & Carol Driver

(Target Bunny)
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Dear Jim, like all of us on here, it was with shock and great sadness I read of Jan's passing, no words could express how we feel at your, and our, loss of such a lovely girl.

You're one of the 'good ol' boys' here on the BBS known to all sections for your valuable input to the site. We support you, and care for you as a brother. If we can help you through this sad time in any way, we're here for you.

God bless.

Rest in peace Jan

Phil G

=

Jim,

I've already posted on the UBC Forum about how numb and shocked Cheryl and I are at this terrible news - you, and Jan, are in our thoughts and prayers.

We spent a wonderful weekend in your company a year ago, and I'm honoured to have met you both and to have spent some time in Jan's presence - for she did have a huge presence and was one of those very rare people who can light up an entire room when she enters.

I'll cherish the memories of that pub meal we had together, and Cheryl and I will raise a glass of Champagne with cranberry juice in her memory - remember that?

I still can't believe that she's gone.

You should by now have a UBC PM with all my contact numbers. I mean it mate, if you EVER want to talk, yell, bawl, scream, sing, get pissed and maudlin or even all of the above, you just pick up the phone.

Take care and be strong, fella.

All my best wishes,

Mike.

p.s. 10m Scores duly noted.

Deepest, sincere sympathies from myself and my family, Jim.

I think we only met once and it was my pleasure.Really shocked and I wish you all the strength you need Jim at this time and for the future.

Steve P.

From Mrs. MikeB

My Dearest Gentleman Jim,

I cannot believe that the Lady Jan has passed.

I had the privilege of meeting truly the most enchanting and captivating of spirits in life. To be around Jan McArthur wasn’t just a privilege it was an honour and your love for one another was abundantly evident – even to those who are oblivious to such things.

The radiance that Mike has already spoken of is so easily, I think, proven. For those who weren’t there at the legendary May 2009 UBC meet, we had a lovely meal in the pub round the corner from the hotel, Mike and I arranged a bottle of Jan’s favourite tipple Champagne and cranberry juice as a toast to your attendance. The Barman was due to go to the USA within a couple of weeks and was completely taken with you, our dynamic duo. I think we all kind of passed the time of day as you do with said barman, but nothing special.

At the following October UBC meet a few of us headed on down to the same pub and unusually these days, the same barman was working. I mentioned to him that we were looking for a bottle of champagne and some cranberry juice as a toast to our dear friends in the USA who couldn’t be with us. His reaction was incredible …….are they here?.......the American couple………..are they here? – He was so gutted when he learnt that you weren’t.

I’m rambling, I know, but you’re right Jim, somehow it helps.

Although it may have been later in life when you met, Mike always says “you wouldn’t have liked me when I was younger and I wouldn’t have appreciated you” I’ve seen photos of him – and he’s right! Good things come to those who wait! However long we are with or exposed to these wonderful people, our lives are enriched and we are better people for knowing them.

Jan is already missed and as each day goes on it will as they say get easier, but with each day we will also remember more and more of her here. She made sure we could never forget her – and we shouldn’t. She is a rare and beautiful creature.

One of my fondest memories is the cheeky spin she put on my description of the adorable little “garter pistol” she kept - I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.

I could witter all night, but I’m sure you, Jim, have other more pressing matters to be getting on with.

Love to all of you, especially my true love, my soul mate, Mike, and dearest of friends Jim and Jan.

Take care, God speed.

Cheryl

Ps my darling Jim, if you need ANYTHING call, you have our numbers.

Dear Jim, very sorry to hear of your sad loss. Best wishes Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    My Dearest Gentleman Jim,

I cannot believe that the Lady Jan has passed.

I had the privilege of meeting truly the most enchanting and captivating of spirits in life. To be around Jan McArthur wasn’t just a privilege it was an honour and your love for one another was abundantly evident – even to those who are oblivious to such things.

The radiance that Mike has already spoken of is so easily, I think, proven. For those who weren’t there at the legendary May 2009 UBC meet, we had a lovely meal in the pub round the corner from the hotel, Mike and I arranged a bottle of Jan’s favourite tipple Champagne and cranberry juice as a toast to your attendance. The Barman was due to go to the USA within a couple of weeks and was completely taken with you, our dynamic duo. I think we all kind of passed the time of day as you do with said barman, but nothing special.

At the following October UBC meet a few of us headed on down to the same pub and unusually these days, the same barman was working. I mentioned to him that we were looking for a bottle of champagne and some cranberry juice as a toast to our dear friends in the USA who couldn’t be with us. His reaction was incredible …….are they here?.......the American couple………..are they here? – He was so gutted when he learnt that you weren’t.

I’m rambling, I know, but you’re right Jim, somehow it helps.

Although it may have been later in life when you met, Mike always says “you wouldn’t have liked me when I was younger and I wouldn’t have appreciated you” I’ve seen photos of him – and he’s right! Good things come to those who wait! However long we are with or exposed to these wonderful people, our lives are enriched and we are better people for knowing them.

Jan is already missed and as each day goes on it will as they say get easier, but with each day we will also remember more and more of her here. She made sure we could never forget her – and we shouldn’t. She is a rare and beautiful creature.

One of my fondest memories is the cheeky spin she put on my description of the adorable little “garter pistol” she kept - I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.

I could witter all night, but I’m sure you, Jim, have other more pressing matters to be getting on with.

Love to all of you, especially my true love, my soul mate, Mike, and dearest of friends Jim and Jan.

Take care, God speed.

Cheryl

Ps my darling Jim, if you need ANYTHING call, you have our numbers.
    Beautifully written Cheryl, and now this big southern softie has a tear rolling down his cheek. I was one of the lucky ones to share the meal with Jan and Jim as mentioned above, and couldn't have put into words how special that evening was, so thank you.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    Jim
    There is no way that words, no matter how expressive or deeply felt, can offer you consolation at this time.
    I had no idea that Jan was even ill, never mind how serious it was.

I can not reach out to put an arm round your shoulder, I can not drop round to offer support. If I can help I will but I fear that I am quarter of a world away and no damn use as a friend at this distance.

Jan was special, but you knew that already, and we will miss her.
    Tell us the time of the Funeral or Service and I for one will pause and think of you both.

With deepest sympathy and regrets Carol and I offer our condolences.

Jim & Carol Driver

(Target Bunny)
    Jim,

Your kind words, and those of our many other BBS and UBC friends, have given me far more support at this difficult time than any of you may realize.

Jan's funeral service will commence at 1100 Louisiana time (1700 UK time) on Thursday, 22 July.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Jim

I am just reading your sad sad news

My thoughts are with you - be strong !

Roy

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    I never had the honour of meeting Jan in person, but I was very privileged to have a long webcam chat with her, and Jim, when getting set up for the October UBC meet.

The moment the camera connected, and I saw Jan's beaming smile, I was captivated

As we go through life we meet many people. Some of those who we meet touch our lives in a very special way, and you realise that your life is better for having known them.

Jan is one of those very special people

Thank you Jan, I am a better person for having known you x.

Cheers all, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

I'm so sorry for your loss, you are in my thoughts, I know I'm on the other side of the atlantic, and I only know of you through the forum, but if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know,

Sonny