Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parcels for our Troops

Parcels for our Troops

Right, Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm gonna be right in your face on this one.

One of our members on here is going to be deployed in Afghanistan in August.

I have had a PM from someone on here who will give us details nearer the time.

Gary and I have been relentless in raising money to send "Morale Boosting Parcels" to our troops for over three years.

We have sent OVER 1100 parcels since we started.

So.

Cut to the chase...

PLEASE either donate cash to our cause OR auction an item to raise funds.

Our troops are not a charity case and we do not treat them as such, we just want them to know that the British Public CARE about them.

Many MANY thanks to those who have helped continuosly in the past, please, if you can, continue your support.

Thank you.

Cliff.
    Non Nobis Solum Sed Toti Mundo Nati.

Co-founder of "Treats4BritishTroops"

TERRYT is offline I DID see a pussy. I DID! I DID!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Clifford De Top View Post
    Right, Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm gonna be right in your face on this one.

One of our members on here is going to be deployed in Afghanistan in August.

I have had a PM from someone on here who will give us details nearer the time.

Gary and I have been relentless in raising money to send "Morale Boosting Parcels" to our troops for over three years.

We have sent OVER 1100 parcels since we started.

So.

Cut to the chase...

PLEASE either donate cash to our cause OR auction an item to raise funds.

Our troops are not a charity case and we do not treat them as such, we just want them to know that the British Public CARE about them.

Many MANY thanks to those who have helped continuosly in the past, please, if you can, continue your support.

Thank you.

Cliff.
    Sir Clifford,

As per my post, to right said thread, goodies being sorted.

Do not burn my village tonight Sir, for I am on a promise

Sir Terry, of Comby Martian
    Although I still walk softly with a big "STICK" I firmly believe the carrot works best,

jay.t is offline Unique is an understatement, I'm just a messed up frog pimp.
    Bump for sir clifford and lord gary
    With over twenty thousand members on the bbs, even if a fraction donated a few bob or a pound then would equate to alot , enough to keep the supply chain going for our lads and lasses serving overseas.
    If i was thousands of miles from home in a warzone it would be reassuring to know that complete strangers appreciate my efforts and dedication.
    So look under the sofa, behind the cushions and anywhere else there might be some loose change and sent it in knowing that such a small gesture will make somebodys day
    dig deep people.
    Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?

I will send some more money as soon as I get paid at the end of the month.

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Richards View Post
    I will send some more money as soon as I get paid at the end of the month.
    Good man - don't forget though that items that can be auctioned on here would be very welcome too!

It's also worth saying that there are undoubtedly BBS members who don't have the time to take on running an auction thread, but have one or more things they'd be happy to donate to this fantastic cause...

...There will also be others who don't have money or things to sell off, but who could find a bit of time to help out.

So - if you fall into either of the above categories, please make yourself known to Sir Clifford, Lord Gary, or myself - and we'll make it happen!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

My hat is off to you Sir. What you are doing is a very kind and noble gesture. I am 100% behind anything that helps our boys and girls out there. They are serving with ultimate professionalism in one of the worlds worst hell holes and many have paid the ultimate price in our name. Our armed forces shouldn't even be there but I personally appreciate what they are doing and they have my utmost respect.

If there is anything I can do to help them, I will do so gladly in any way I can. Please PM me the address a.s.a.p. as I would really like to help. Once again, commiserations to you Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    Good man - don't forget though that items that can be auctioned on here would be very welcome too!

It's also worth saying that there are undoubtedly BBS members who don't have the time to take on running an auction thread, but have one or more things they'd be happy to donate to this fantastic cause...

...There will also be others who don't have money or things to sell off, but who could find a bit of time to help out.

So - if you fall into either of the above categories, please make yourself known to Sir Clifford, Lord Gary, or myself - and we'll make it happen!
    Two of the guys I work with have relatives serving in Afghanistan, one of my desk staffs sons and one of our drivers brothers.
    Id like to help doing whatever I can.
    Let me know.

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Richards View Post
    Two of the guys I work with have relatives serving in Afghanistan, one of my desk staffs sons and one of our drivers brothers.
    Id like to help doing whatever I can.
    Let me know.
    Many thanks for your kind offer - if you have anything (preferably military-related), that you might like to donate then please let me know. I'm going to run the Army 100 badge auction myself (as donated by Paul), but would be grateful for volunteers to take on any others that may come along!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

I'm more than willing to help fellas.
    God knows I was grateful for your parcels not so long ago......
    Pm the details Cliff/Gary and i'll send something over.
    Best regards

Darren
    "Oh Bugger"

Paul. is offline Drinks rum like a Fella.....
    Quote Originally Posted by warbiscuit View Post
    I'm more than willing to help fellas.
    God knows I was grateful for your parcels not so long ago......
    Pm the details Cliff/Gary and i'll send something over.
    Best regards

Darren
    Battlegroup T-shirts usually go down well mate!
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

https://i.imgflip.com/16hkwb.jpg

Got a few of those....
    i'll dig some out and see what we can raise.
    When i get my kit back i'll have some american uniform too!!

DT
    "Oh Bugger"

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    I'll have a dig around my surplus kit, may have a few t-shirts that i can auction off but if I catch anyone wearing them there'll be hell to pay .

Seriously though these parcels make such a difference gents and they are massiveley appreciated!

Napalm is offline Pickle McLovin'...it's a man thing
    Problem is none of you service types are fat #######s like me ...

Glock 19, 43. Two ARs and a few other assorted rifles.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by kieran turner View Post
    I'll have a dig around my surplus kit, may have a few t-shirts that i can auction off but if I catch anyone wearing them there'll be hell to pay .

Seriously though these parcels make such a difference gents and they are massiveley appreciated!
    Bump to the top

Nice to speak to you again last night Kieran, don't forget to keep in touch buddy, remember what I need from you ASAP.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

An item for auction

Ok,

I'm a massive fan of parcels for troops -having been saved by a bag of Haribo whilst in Iraq/Afghan.

I sent a PM to Sir Clifford offering an item for auction, he has asked me to post on the thread so here goes:

The item, which Sir Ciff will auction is a book titled 'A Special Kind of Courage'. This is the official story of the British Army's most decorated unit - its Northern Ireland bomb disposal squadron.

It will be be signed by the present Senior Ammunition Technican of 321 EOD Sqn.

I have also asked a friend of mine if she would write a few words on the inside and sign it - a wonderful lady called Christina Schmid (if you have not heard of her then i suggest you google her name).

I hope members will agree with me - those two signatures will make the book a bit special (hell, i might just bid on it myself!!)

Here is a link to some info on the book:
    http://www.methuen.co.uk/titles.php/itemcode/1068/

Regards,
    jerrycan
    S400 fitted with a Leupold Century Limited Edition

I'm not a hero - but i work in the company of heroes!!