Thread: How do the Weihrauch HW75 and Webley Alecto compare?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How do the Weihrauch HW75 and Webley Alecto compare?

They would be used almost exclusively for 10m paper punching with open sights.

I've tried an Alecto and really liked it, but the HW75 looks sexier, and it seems quite target orientated with it's dry fire mechanism, although it's not a match pistol perhaps it is more so than the Alecto?

any thoughts from anyone who's tried / got both would be great.

Thanks
    TX200 MK 3 .177
    FAS 604 .177

I have to say I haven't tried an Alecto, but I did own an HW75.

The build quality of the 75 was very good - all metal with a nice wood grip, sights were good, trigger very good.

The veloctiy of the 75, being a ssp is lower than the Alecto is capable of, but for paper punching the 75 is plenty good.

The 75 doesn't really compare with the dedicated paper punching pistols as it sits quite high in the hand.

Overall the HW75 is a fine pistol, but not really sure of what it is designed to do, given its price it is a very expensive plinker, the ergonomics don't lend it to full on paper target work and it lacks the power of the HW45.

will it be brand new or used?

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    If you want a self powered pistol for 10m I'd suggest a second hand IZH 46M for not much more than an Alecto. I think the HW75 is a bit dear for a non dedicated pistol.

A second hand FAS 604 would also be a very good alternative to both as well.

HTH

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    will it be brand new or used?
    Probably used mate, as long as it doesn't require money spent on it to bring it back to life
    TX200 MK 3 .177
    FAS 604 .177

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    Overall the HW75 is a fine pistol, but not really sure of what it is designed to do, given its price it is a very expensive plinker, the ergonomics don't lend it to full on paper target work and it lacks the power of the HW45.
    That is a perfect sum-up.

Probably because it is lighter than the 45 I even found that I could get groups that were just as tight with the 45, although I use a double handed grip on this and a single on the 75.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

if we are talking brand new hw75 money then i'd suggest looking for a good example of the FWB 65 or 80 if an SSP is not essential.

Spring powered but totally recoilless and built like a Rolls Royce.
    Last edited by ikarma70; 21-07-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks guys.

I have been looking for second hand dedicated target pistols such as the FWB you mention but with little success.

GarryP, I would love an IZH 46M, but have never seen one on sale second hand? they are very overpriced new in the UK, and importing them from the US just seems like more bother than it's worth. Do you know of one going second hand anywhere mate?

I keep putting of getting an Alecto even though they are great simply because I know it isn't a dedicated 10m pistol and I don't want to be disappointed.

If anyone knows of any of the target pistols you have all mentioned for sale anywhere let me know, that is, unless you want it

Many thanks for the useful info as usual guys!
    TX200 MK 3 .177
    FAS 604 .177

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming Monkey View Post
    If anyone knows of any of the target pistols you have all mentioned for sale anywhere let me know, that is, unless you want it
    There’s a new ALFA Classic that’s been on Guntrader for a while now at £275. Made by ALFA Proj in the Czech Republic.

Not the fit or finish of a FWB or Steyr, similar to a Tau 7 in engineering quality. The more expensive ALFA Sport is the pistol Air Arms modify to run on air.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    GarryP, I would love an IZH 46M, but have never seen one on sale second hand? they are very overpriced new in the UK, and importing them from the US just seems like more bother than it's worth. Do you know of one going second hand anywhere mate?
    Ah yes, I see you've spotted the flaw in my otherwise flawless plan!
    Someone did advertise one one here a while ago, and I don't think it sold.
    If I find it I'll put a link up.

BigEars Guest
    They would be used almost exclusively for 10m paper punching with open sights.

I've tried an Alecto and really liked it, but the HW75 looks sexier, and it seems quite target orientated with it's dry fire mechanism, although it's not a match pistol perhaps it is more so than the Alecto?

any thoughts from anyone who's tried / got both would be great.

Thanks
    If you see a 2nd hand HW75 at a good price, go for it. It's my favourite pistol.

Thumbs up 75 V Alecto

All the pistols mentioned in replies are good. Original question i would choose the Alecto , the 75 is good, but more with the Alecto, more trigger adj;, + adj palm shelf (a must imo), and variable power. the recoilless springers mentioned i would
    choose the 6M with wood grips they shoot extremely well...mike...