Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do the Weihrauch HW75 and Webley Alecto compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming Monkey View Post

Velorum - that would be awesome mate I should be able to make it down on Wednesday, maybe If I send you a PM on here on tuesday to let you know if I can make it? unless you were planning on going anyway that is. I bet I'll want one so badly after using it I'll just be forced to decimate my bank account...again
    No problem - I am planning to go anyway with the FWB - see you there hopefully.

I will also be taking my HW75 if you want a play with that too!

Cheers
    Ian

Thanks Jef, that was very helpful.

The chap said the gun was serviced about three years ago. He's asking for £120, I'll ask him to post me some pics to see if it has the palm shelf.
    That is a reasonable price. If the service was done by someone who knows what he is doing that will go on for years. The old seals tend to harden and break up. One assumes as it was only three years ago he used modern seals.

As for accuracy, what can I expect compared to modern SSP's?
    You will need to get something like a Feinwerkbau 102/103 to get better accuracy, even then it is debatable which is better. It will be at least as accurate as a Gamo Compact or HW75, probably better, if you get on with it.

I guess the reason I wanted a full-on target grip was because I'm shooting with an el cheapo Beeman 2004e and obviously it's not a target pistol and the sights aren't great and the grips aren't suitable.
    Before you dismiss the plastic grip you need to try one. If it fits you it is a very good grip, the moulding is very well done and the 'stippling' pattern is very 'grippy', it just depends on the shape of your hand.

If the 6m did need servicing, would it be an expensive job, or something I could maybe do myself?
    I have stripped mine twice now and have had no problems. There are guides about on the internet, however, if the service was a good one three years ago you won't need to worry about servicing for quite a while.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Thanks Jefl

Think I'm gunna keep an eye out for a second hand Alecto on here...then when I have a bit more dough sell it and get a 'proper' target pistol.

Velorum - see you there mate
    TX200 MK 3 .177
    FAS 604 .177

webley

Hi i fired a electo to day very nice it is my friends gun he is not very experienced with pistols but after zeroing and four or five hours he was doing quite well from the bench, i found it easy to cock and cumfortable to handle and accurate out to 18yds more with practice at full .

webley alecto vs weihrauch

webley alecto .177 beats hw40 hw45 and the stunning looking hw75 hands down,the reason i am writing this review is i own all of them the hw40 is the best of the weihrauchs the hw45 is a monster it would be better to throw it at the target the hw75 is a beautiful looking pistol with very good accuracy but has no nuts same power as the hw40 around 3.5ftlbs now the alecto has 5.5ftlbs with 3 strokes 2 strokes is around 4.75 ftlbs and that makes it a hunter yes my word of thumb is if a weapon holes a baked bean can through the bottom at 30 yrds it will kill pigeons head shots at 30yrds and it does with ease so as for anyone giving advice on which is best do not bother until you have tried them side by side the alecto also beat my fn8wg hands down for accuracy the factory sights are amazing i do not know what they have done but they are out of this world this is the best pistol on the market for the money you can buy get one and keep it

Will the alecto stand the test of time though?There are plenty of older hw75s still going.The alecto is good to shoot but the over complicated valve system is bound to play up given time and wear on the moving parts will have an adverse effect on the pistol,they don't look as well made as the hw75 where it matters.I have had both and kept the hw75 as the longevity is proven.I wouldn't like to pay full price though but they can be picked up for a reasonable price used.