Further to Sir Clifford's appeal for more donations to provide funds for parcels for our troops, the BBS' very own resident mankini model - Paul, has very kindly put up for auction an Army 100 sew on cloth badge. In his own words:

'The Army 100 is an annual competition for regular serving soldiers. The award is gained by competing at CENTSAAM. Usually approx 300 soldiers. To get to CENTSAAM you need to qualify by shooting at CORPSAAM/DIVSAAM, etc. and coming within the top few. (I came third at CYPSAAM, 170 blokes).

The shoots at CENTSAAM are - Matches 2 Defence (Roupell cup), 3 Advance to contact (Whitehead), 4 Rural contact (Association), 6 Fleeting Encounter (Whittaker), 7 The attack (Roberts), 8 Rural Contact Short (Army 100 cup), 17 Urban Contact (Graham trophy, FIBUA), 18 modified fleeting encounter, 28 The Parachute Regiment cup. 29 The machine gun match, 32a team attack match, 34 team Combat snap and the team night attack.

To get into the Army 100 is a massive achievement. I will send you a badge to auction off. You will not be able to get another one of these and most people will never even see one. Hope it will raise a few quid.

Photo to follow tonight mate.'

So - there you go - Paul has very generously given everyone a one-off opportunity to acquire a very rare military item. As soon as I get a photo, I will post it up here. The auction therefore starts here. Gentlemen - start your engines...

Being on pole position, I will kick things off:

Bid 1: £10