Thread: Need help Haenel 49a

Question Need help Haenel 49a

Hello guys, I have noticed that when I fire my haenel 49a(sports model), there is a bit of smoke left over in the barrel. Smoke out of air rifle? Not right! I suspect its the lack of lubrication in the moving components. Maybe the leather seal needs good oiling.

I have managed to strip it down, but now puzzled as to how to remove the spring and piston.

Anyone can give me some guidance?

Much appreciated.
    aR.

Quote Originally Posted by airRookie View Post
    Hello guys, I have noticed that when I fire my haenel 49a(sports model), there is a bit of smoke left over in the barrel. Smoke out of air rifle? Not right! I suspect its the lack of lubrication in the moving components. Maybe the leather seal needs good oiling.

I have managed to strip it down, but now puzzled as to how to remove the spring and piston.

Anyone can give me some guidance?

Much appreciated.
    aR.
    Smoke coming from the barrel indicates dieseling, - too much lubrication!
    Strip it down, clean all the 'gunge' out of the barrel, off the piston,spring etc with clean cloths and then re-lubricate LIGHTLY with a good quality 'tar' before reassembly. Leave only a light coating of 'tar' on the mainspring, don't plaster it with grease.
    It will benefit from having the bore cleaned as well with a couple of cleaning wads if it has been 'dieseling' for some time.
    ATB, Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    Smoke coming from the barrel indicates dieseling, - too much lubrication!
    Strip it down, clean all the 'gunge' out of the barrel, off the piston,spring etc with clean cloths and then re-lubricate LIGHTLY with a good quality 'tar' before reassembly. Leave only a light coating of 'tar' on the mainspring, don't plaster it with grease.
    It will benefit from having the bore cleaned as well with a couple of cleaning wads if it has been 'dieseling' for some time.
    ATB, Eric
    Thats completely throws my theory. Thank you, I will do exactly that!
    The only question that still remains is, how do I get the spring and the piston out?

Since it occupies the whole diameter of the main frame, I assume it can not be pulled out through the top.???

The only question that still remains is, how do I get the spring and the piston out?

Since it occupies the whole diameter of the main frame, I assume it can not be pulled out through the top.???

Now that's thrown me! Its' a rocking bolt that's used to cock the 49a isn't it?
    That is one model I have neither owned or dismantled. I suggest that you 'Google' Haenel 49a parts diagram and hope one exists.
    I assume that the removal of the mainspring(s) would be via the end of the chamber as with others, and if so, the use of a spring compressor would be adviseable.
    If I can locate any info on the 49a, I will post it on this thread.
    ATB, Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Thanks Eric. And yes it is rocking bolt system. I probably have described it wrong.

Hi Rookie

Have a look at THIS, it's a parts diagram though it doesn't say how to actually strip it

HERE's my Anschutz mod 275 (it's virtually the same rifle)

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

edbear2 Guest
    How's your Russian??

http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/96/445453-3.html

This is a thread about the 49a with photos of it apart (go back to page 1 in the thread to see all)...may be some help....I googled Haenel 49a in an image search to find this in 2 mins...might be more out there?

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Rookie

Have a look at THIS, it's a parts diagram though it doesn't say how to actually strip it

HERE's my Anschutz mod 275 (it's virtually the same rifle)

John
    Yay! Thank you, I have seen the diagrams for sale on e-gun, always wanted one for reference but never wanted to pay all that money for postage and foreign transfer.

Nice Anschutz, I heard they are way more reliable than haenels. Will get myself one , one day.

[QUOTE=edbear2;4432677]How's your Russian??

http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/96/445453-3.html

QUOTE]

Funny enough my russian is rathert good. Thank you very much for this one. I could never find anything decent on haenels in the web. Never thought to look in the pictures section.
    Thanks for your time