Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
I don't know if I mentioned it here before: but (and I don't know if I mentioned this before here, either) Jan isn't buried in a grave and tombstone arrangement, but is interred in an indoor mausoluem crypt.

It's a conventional way to bury people here in New Orleans: either that way, or in an above-ground outdoor tomb. It's because of a combination of our high water table, and French tradition.

Anyway...all that is just to lead up to my point.

There are several crypts from bottom to top, and several in a horizontal line, making for a kind of wall of crypts, in a huge mausoleum with many, many such walls.

I haven't encountered even one other crypt there, out of the hundreds that I've walked by, that contains "anyone I knew": with the exception of the crypt directly above Jan, which contains the remains of a co-worker of mine!

She was like Jan: a truly beautiful woman, inside and out, and a good friend. She stuck her neck out for me during an office crisis.

She died in her 50's as well - even younger than Jan, and like Jan, her death was totally unexpected.

She and Jan were friends: and when she died, I inherited her office spaces, where I worked till I retired last December!

Is that weird, or what?

I'll bet she and Jan have some interesting conversations!

Jim
i know this a bit late but 1 of 2 things is happening
1 the universe is playing silly-buggers with you!
2 there women! they organize things for convince!
which ever one it is,as long as you think of Jan, you remember her smile and all the good things