Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: " Car boot " Day !

" Car boot " Day !

Its sunday, bought these as a job lot today,

Also with these were 2, tins of Jets, ( Full ) & 2, Tins of Wasp.s Original all in .22,( But with post they are not worth selling )

So !!! A valuation & sale of HW 35 Barrel, ( Bit rusty,) Threaded 1/2 UNF with a good seal, Looks sound,
    And the Pellets & tin ( Champion Ballistic ) in .22, It says on the tin, " With a heart of steel " They have a steel ball bearing in the front,

I know there are a number of pellet/tin collectors on the Forum ,
    Would like to swap for some of my " Swap/Wanted " Bits,
    I am not doing too well with my sales ! Etc, I know they will sell on the " Bay " Ged.

I went to a boot sale last week and came back with another bloody motorbike...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pmcb View Post
    I went to a boot sale last week and came back with another bloody motorbike...

I came back with three scopes, a parker hale 1/2"unf silencer, a tin of Exact pellets, Two aeroplane engines and a watch!!

There was a BSA Spitfire on offer for £160, i only had £110 left so i took his number and will phone him later in the week to see if it sold or not..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Got a fake rolex today.....well i think its a fake

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

I came back with three scopes, a parker hale 1/2"unf silencer, a tin of Exact pellets, Two aeroplane engines and a watch!!

There was a BSA Spitfire on offer for £160, i only had £110 left so i took his number and will phone him later in the week to see if it sold or not..

John
    Heh heh heh... boot sales... it always amuses me that nobody wants to pay more than 50p for an item, but they all line up at the food van to pay 4 quid for a hamburger!

ATB
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by reaper6 View Post
    Got a fake rolex today.....well i think its a fake
    What if its NOT a fake !!!

Came back with a £795 lawnmower and a gt mountainbike for under £200.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Enjoy the Champion ballistic pellets, they had a ball bearing in them designed to be off centre enough to ensure that they were the most innacurate pellets ever marketed, they dont shoot groups just patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    Enjoy the Champion ballistic pellets, they had a ball bearing in them designed to be off centre enough to ensure that they were the most innacurate pellets ever marketed, they dont shoot groups just patterns.
    Ha ha, I be shooting them, just thought the collectors might want them, If not its the " Bay "
    I know how they shoot & you might be correct about them being innacurate ! But worst ever !! not having that, There are much worse Ha ha, ( Or maybe its me ! )
    Ged.

I went to a boot sale and came back with....boots.

[QUOTE=Eddiekneejerk;4439933]I went to a boot sale and came back with....boots.[/QUOTE]

The Chemist??????

John

edbear2 Guest
    Heh heh heh... boot sales... it always amuses me that nobody wants to pay more than 50p for an item, but they all line up at the food van to pay 4 quid for a hamburger! ATB
    Phil
    I regularly see the "gullers" almost dismantling the cars of new arrivals on the field where I often go ......there is a little gang of regulars that start getting in the back of peoples boots as soon as they stop....and there have been a few "scenes" where the sellers have kicked off big times.....and as you say, people will try and beat down an item which they know is worth £20, and is on sale for say £2....."will you take a quid mate".....I get really annoyed at this, as usually it's the old couple or similar that are having a clear out, and have never done it before, and will probably never come back.......The other ones that make me laugh are the ones that go past the old engineer selling his lifetime collection of Moore and Wright and other quality tools, to rush to the big blue plastic sheet covered in Chinese "20 screwdrivers for a tenner" junk and the like....magpies have got nothing on those wallys

That said, I have been really lucky on more than one occasion, and you never know what is lurking under a table when you turn up....luckily, around here, they still don't worry about de-acts, air weapons etc. and I normally make a beeline for the tired looking series 1 with the big trailer, or similar farmers conveyance, where the goodies normally are!
    Last edited by edbear2; 25-07-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Smile

Heh heh heh... boot sales... it always amuses me that nobody wants to pay more than 50p for an item, but they all line up at the food van to pay 4 quid for a hamburger!

ATB
    Phil

Flippin'eck!!!!- £4 FOR A BURGER!!!!- Where's the bootsale??- in Harrods carpark!!

It's two and a half quid for a bacon egg & tom on one of those Baguette things

I worked out that i spent about £70 this morning (Didn't have a sarnie though )

John

Thumbs up

I had some old dear trying to sell me an old Dutch shotgun... she said it was made in 'Holland and Holland' or something... the old gun looked more brown than blued, so i ignored the confused old girl, kept hold of the 25 quid she wanted, and kept on walking...

I had some old dear trying to sell me an old Dutch shotgun... she said it was made in 'Holland and Holland' or something... the old gun looked more brown than blued, so i ignored the confused old girl, kept hold of the 25 quid she wanted, and kept on walking...
    Talking "double Dutch" no doubt
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?