Thread: Rohm Match

Rohm Match

I have just purchased a Rohm Match pcp pistol. The pistol is great and I'm well pleased with it. What I do think is very poor is the user guide. There is no instructions telling you how to uncock the pistol, the guide to the trigger adjusting screws are in German and it does not make any mention of whether the pistol can be used for dry shooting.
    I worked out the trigger screws and how to uncock it, but does anyone know if the pistol can be used for dry shooting and if so how is the trigger set up to do this?
    One more moan, the adapter that fits into the air bottle to charge the cylinder is to short, so the O ring in the base of the adapter fails to create a seal. This I overcame by dropping a tap washer into the bottle outlet. For safety sake I will renew this on the next bottle refill.

if its like the other rohm's, you cock the gun,slide the fire selector to safe and thats your dry fire mode, to come out of dry fire just cock the gun,selector to fire and uncock as usual.

Thanks for getting back to me. The only trouble is that there is no safety catch on the Rohm Match. The only sliding catch is the one that pops out the spring loaded loading chamber. I had a Rohm Trainer and this was just as you say. It is a shame that a match pistol of this price is designed and sold without this feature. I have tried, what seems, to be all the variations with the cocking lever and the loading port catch, all to no avail so far.

We had a couple of your members drop in to see us at our club in Wells Next The Sea, Norfolk, during the summer, sounds like you have a great club running there in Cov.

Unscrew the cylinder so you can fit the red "U" shaped "Transportation" seal thingy that stops the cylinder being screwed right in and thus stops the air getting into the firing valve.

Cock and shoot the pistol to dump any remaining air in the firing valve, then continue to cock and shoot. No air will be used.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Thanks Chris. I have already used this method for one training session but I'm not happy about the hammer striking the release valve without there being any air pressure behind it. I think I read in the instructions for my old Rohm Trainer not to do this. Most of the adverts for the "Match" do say it is possible to use it for training, just a shame that the instructions don't tell you how.
    Any more suggestions would be welcomed.

ChrisR