Thread: Connect 01

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Connect 01

This is the earlier model. I believe they were done by Soviet Bazaar?

Bought it looking for a compact .22lr scope to go on a AP-85. When it arrived, I was very surprised! They are quite large!

The optics are very good, nice and clear, but I have not tried it in low light yet. It has a pretty good FOV for a 10x scope, not like a compact 5x, although not far off. Interesting ret, but very cluttered; something like a post or circle-dot would have been better.

It is built very solidly. One is sure it could hit concrete without sustaining too much damage. They are quite heavy, although this may be an illusion due to the way it is built; I would say it weighs near the average chunky "tactical" 14x scope.

Controls are basic with a large P/X ring towards the front, and very positive turrets. It also has IR which I need to fit a new battery in. Not sure if it has an adjustable eye-piece; I don't fancy taking the scope maximiser off to check.

Mounting system is great. No tools needed.
    I think they were available to fit weaver rails too, but this one is 11mm dovetail.

Unfortunately they do have negative points: I found it very uncomfortable on a high mounting bullpup rifle, so tried a traditional sporter instead; it was still uncomfortable to use and fairly unbalancing. I would say, you either need something with a short LOP and/or adjustable cheek-piece to use it. They have no eye-relief and mount reasonably high. It would suit an adjustable FT rifle someone wanted to shoot HFT with; rimfires with the level of adjustment needed to use one tend to be uncommon, and I highly doubt a prone-smallbore shooter would use it.

From photos, it looks as though MTC have updated their model to a much more usable product. This is extremely wide and bulky, their product appears relatively narrow.

This is an interesting scope, more like a compact combat sight than a traditional scope.
    I will probably keep it until I have something it is usable with.
    Last edited by Korium; 05-10-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: 11mm! Not 11m...