Thread: Rsrr

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

Rsrr

for those of you who know the good works which i do in regards to the much maligned relum ,i have just taken into my care 6 relums in various states of distress: ive had to call upon the help of gggr to deal with this sad case ,rather like the good people who save old donkeys [please no cheap comments on the swamp variety]ive started on the tornado which has no thread unstripped and a stock which was used in a show jumping comp at some time;there is a sport 822 a model ive never come across before in need of tlc and 3/4 small breakbarrels the same .the tornado is undergoing a mahogany finish and will look unlike any tornado seen to date ,cant wait to post the picci a few eyebrows will no doubt be raised.
    rsrr is [robs society for the rescue of relums]
    Last edited by red bob; 28-07-2010 at 06:37 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Good on yer Bob! Anything that floats ya boat mate. When they become collectables, people will be seeking your expertise and advice.

ATB, Eric (FWB and Weihrauch nut).
    Last edited by Herpquest; 28-07-2010 at 08:22 PM.
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

cheers eric,see your just round the corner from our erstwhile seeker of justice guy at salford ! it was all his idea to start with i was just a plain old fwb/hw35 owner once.

I wish you the very best of luck.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    cheers eric,see your just round the corner from our erstwhile seeker of justice guy at salford ! it was all his idea to start with i was just a plain old fwb/hw35 owner once.

Not too far away from Guy, but too far for my sorry carcase to travel!
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

relums-someones gotta like them!

I serviced a tornado for a freind recently & found after re-assembly that I couldn't hit a barn door with it. turned out the barrel was loose! Soon fixed with bearing fit, check your tornado for this if you have accuracy problems.!

will do.

tornados have a whole set of quirks peculier to them ,might be why i like them .

Hi red bob

I hope the relums are keeping you amused I can't wait to see something done with them that I did not have time for.

Regards Richard.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

hi rich, hope the move is going according to plan;we all know how stressful that one can be!!!.yes the tornado as mentioned is well underway awaiting a new spring which on these is can be tricky to get just right a meteor replacment is the norm with a home made guide but i may just push the boat out for a laugh and get a swedish one and tweak up here and there and tap and screw in the para piston washer,oops sorry [guy] only kidding ive re rivitted the new leather one in as the original.i cant help wondering if i could get 11.5 useable ftlbs out of the beast the trigger unit is up for it but what about the rest ummm.

Smile Hi Rob

The relum refurbishment group is growing.
    They are a rifle I remember form my youth and i have just rebuilt a tornado for my son.
    The nylon piston seal and adaptor was bought along with the spring from METURA in Holland.
    I had the spring guide and tophat washer made. I have one set in steel and one in Delrin.
    I gave the spring details to Slingshot on the bbs he told me in a pm that a BSA Lightning spring fits, though Gedfin2 on the bbs has told me it wont. Once i have finished and fully tested and cronoed the build i will post it on the bbs. With the spring size i have and the relum original inner i have been told it chronoed at 15.6ftlbs. I am having mine tested by an experienced friend to ensure i dont break the law.
    I have found though that with the original relum outer spring it would be possible to line the piston and make cocking much smoother.
    I have seen on the bbs someone had a theoben gas ram in a relum piston unfortunately they did not know which one.
    The nylon washer and adaptor i think are HW50 standard parts but i am not familar with the parts range.
    If we post the Rellum cylinder bore i am sure somebody on here will know which ones they are.
    Like them or hate them Relums are built like tanks and are plentyfull and cheap. The AK47 of air rifles, They are cheap to tune and if you get it wrong never mind. I have just bought 2 more, a second tornado of the latter type with the dark slab type stock and an earlier model with the grooved beech stock.
    More power to the Rellum or FEG to be correct and all who service, them an entry level gun that can be a lot of fun.
    Regards all
    Nick

Shooting Rellum tornado's and an ASI Rangemaster

hi nick ,interesting points there in regards to the piston seals etc and have no qualms in regards to replacing the original consumables with modern replacments ,which in a lot of cases is a positive advantage i used a leather one as its satisfying to get right and they do last;but as with the latest tornado bought back from near death i felt a little akin to a surgeon cutting pieces out trying not to disturb anything still working.my latest operation was quite tricky ;every action to stock thread was shot the worst being the main combined trigger adj /retaining screw through trigger guard was gone, so its either m8csk which is a bit out of place and very non std so i cut out the top of the trigger retaining block containing the thread and welded in a new plate inc thread ,the two front stock screws by chance die out to m5 as do the action threads retaining those wierd shanked screws they come with.the main springs std come in at around 21mm/od while the springs from various mods can be plus or minus on this ive found meteor springs ok but moding spring length to get a nice firing cycle worth time spent i did make a spring guide to further keep everything in line but i bet a donor gun might well provide a suitable part ;good point to mention here is the cocking action ;whoever designed this wants his rear kicking ,the small cocking link is very nearly at 90degs at 60% of the cocking stroke ,loading the cocking lever dramaticly beyond this point anyone with tennis elbow will testify to the damage this can do.