That I am wary of because of "flying bearing" syndrome....However earlier on (and in my defence I have had a long busy day), I thought I would pop out a tap on an Airsporter MK6 I have here to clean the action, because it is full of remnants of buffer washer.

Anyway, lever off, shim off, press on tap loading side (with cupped hand on other side...and I have done loads of these before).

OKAYYY........Where the hell is the ball and spring!!!....I know it was there before

They had gone 10 feet across the bleedin' garage without me realising it!.....and it took nearly 15 mins of crouching and shining a torch to spot them (it's a bit of a mess at the mo' because we have a lot of the in-laws stuff stored).

Thank god for my gazillion lumen terralux Maglight conversion, which saved the day....I also found several usable pellets of various types, and a carbide tip holder screw I had given up for dead

So...Put a cloth round the things, and pay attention, even though you have done loads is the moral I suppose

TTFN, ED