Thread: Buying a used match pistol

Buying a used match pistol

Hi, can anyone advise where to buy a used match .177 air pistol in Scotland? I have had a good look around but have came up empty. My budget would be max £600-700. I would be grateful for any ideas.

Thanks Steven.

The sales section here has them from time to time mate
    Morally flawed

Surrey guns have a couple,

http://www.surreyguns.com/contents/en-uk/d10.html

Maybe worth a call....
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

Try an email to Edinkillie in Falkirk to see if they can suggest anything or know of any match pistols for sale.

Thanks for the replies. Sent an email to Edenkillie in the last few days and I am waiting on them getting back to me.

Buying a used match pistol update

If anybody has other suggestions they would be most welcome.

Second hand match pistol

NSRA shop at Bisley has a few second hand pistols in, you can try calling them. I see someone else recommended Surrey Guns. I bought my second hand Morini from there recently, they were excellent, let me spend hours trying out their pistols.

As a recent newbie to the sport I did not understand at first when people talked about trying out different pistols to find the right one, but after the session at Surrey guns I really did.

Best of luck finding something that suits.

Jon

One more thing

Surrey guns have a lot more stock than is on their website.....

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Been out of the match shooting scene for a good number of years now, but there never was a great choice of outlets stocking 10m gear up here. Back then, there were odd places you might come across the odd secondhand item but with so many of the businesses shutting up shop since (NSRA once had a shop in Milnathort - long gone, Target Shooting Supplies in Crossgates - now an airsoft store, Hawthornden Shooting Centre in Bonnyrigg - always had a good selection - alas a victim of the Dunblane debacle and also long gone), I doubt there's any at all now.

I would suggest contacting the Scottish Pistol Association, they do have a website I believe (try googling them), maybe they might be able to point you in the right direction if you're trying to find something local.
    Last edited by Gun Collector; 13-08-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    The sales section here has them from time to time mate
    Ironically for the OP my LP10 came from Elgin

But yeah - The BBS sales section is good. Put out a wanted post. That's how I got my LP10.
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

Thanks guys, I will check out these suggestions over the next couple of days. I have a coaching session tonight at my local club and will see if they have anything available.

Went to the club last night and after getting the sights set on a loan pistol I managed to shoot an 80. Not to bad I thought as its the first time I have picked up a pistol for 25 years.