Thread: Soft Shooting Jacket

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Soft Shooting Jacket

Having returned to .22 prone after 25 years I'm looking for a 38 - 40 shooting jacket, I say soft but probably "non stiff" is a better description as I'm not struck on the mega stiff canvas types even though I'm sure there is more support from them, and I prefer leather. I chucked out my old leather Tucker years ago and now wish I hadn't. Can't find anything new but would consider new if any one knows of one or S/H.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    I have a Monard shooting jacket, which is classed as a canvas jacket, but has a lot more leather than most, it was secondhand, so may have softened up a bit before I got it, but I find it pretty comfy(for a shooting jacket)
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Gehmann do a leather/canvas (404) affair which softens up pretty quick...

think it was about £190 from nsra when I last bought mine... gone up a bit from the last one which was £125...

I use them for FT, where I like a bit of give as well.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Thanks Guys
    My wife has a new made to measure Monard, superb, but that stands up on its own! I was thinking of a Gehmann but have now found a second hand Tucker leather, correct size and in the same colour as my old one so I'll try that. I'm not convinced that the stiff jackets aid much in prone but I'll soon see with a soft one if thats so or its just nostagia, then I'll have to eat humble pie and go beating a path to Gehmanns door!
    Thanks again guys,
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?