Thread: Newbie, Hi....

Newbie, Hi....

to everyone. Just started getting into this "air rifle" business. My 9 year old son started pestering me about it after a visit from his uncle, (BSA Utra Multishot), so after enroling him and myself to the local rifle club (Scarborough) and going for a few sessions, decided to join this happy forum of busy AirGun enthusiasts. Seen some good posts, and now, finally after a week I can reply!!! yipppeee.

Anyway, bit about myself: Boilerman at McCain Foods, propbationary member of Scarborough Rifle Club (along with son). Just purchased the other day, for starters, a Webley Ratcatcher. Seems OK, gets around 30-35 good shots before canister needs changed, but will do until son decides that he either wants to continue shooting or not, then I'll be after something else. From what i've seen out there and used, which is not much on the using side, I like the BSA's, but for myslef, I really want to go down the target shooting path, not over keen on the hunt. So, anyone point me to something good, .177 size that will not cost me an arm and a leg?

Thanks in advance

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by causbrite View Post
    to everyone. Just started getting into this "air rifle" business. My 9 year old son started pestering me about it after a visit from his uncle, (BSA Utra Multishot), so after enroling him and myself to the local rifle club (Scarborough) and going for a few sessions, decided to join this happy forum of busy AirGun enthusiasts. Seen some good posts, and now, finally after a week I can reply!!! yipppeee.

Anyway, bit about myself: Boilerman at McCain Foods, propbationary member of Scarborough Rifle Club (along with son). Just purchased the other day, for starters, a Webley Ratcatcher. Seems OK, gets around 30-35 good shots before canister needs changed, but will do until son decides that he either wants to continue shooting or not, then I'll be after something else. From what i've seen out there and used, which is not much on the using side, I like the BSA's, but for myslef, I really want to go down the target shooting path, not over keen on the hunt. So, anyone point me to something good, .177 size that will not cost me an arm and a leg?

Thanks in advance

Sean
    most people would say one of best entry level pcps is air arms s2oo there user friendly theres plenty of second hand ones about and there not going to cost a arm and a leg see if any one in your club has one and if they will let you try it out to see if you like the look and feel of the gun as always try before you buy

hi

welcome and i'm or, was a big fan of the air arms range.......300 series up.....cheap and easy to maintain

Gary
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g