Thread: Kelly Trigger

Kelly Trigger

Afternoon,

I'm looking for a Kelly trigger mechanism to fit an Anschutz 1813. If anyone has an unwanted one, and would be willing to sell.

Tim

Kelly trigger

Hi Tim,

I have just such a trigger sitting in my gun cabinet. I used to have it on my 1813/ Lilja rifle. It is surplus to requirments if you are interested?

Brian.

Ooops, It's not a Kelly trigger it's a Kenyon trigger I have. Sorry.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Kenyon is good, I've been reliably informed that the Kelly is very similar to the Kenyon. I spend yesterday morning trying to get another Kenyon to work before I realsied that it was built for the older 14xx rifles and won't fit an 1813 firing pin.

What might you be looking for in price.

Hi Tim,

How does £95 posted sound? I will of course send some pics over to you if you are interested. I used it for a while but I shoot 3P and the single stage was not suitable for me, I forked out for an Anschutz trigger to replace it.

Regards,

Brian

Hi Brian,

£95 sounds good. I take it that the unit has a moveable blade?

I'll PM with email address (if I can work out how to).

ta

Tim

John Kelly 50 -100 turnover sights

Tim,
    I have John Kelly turnover sights on an Anschutz 1813 Supermatch, that also has a Karl Kenyon trigger. I bought it from an international competitor in Cheshire probably 8 -10 years ago.
    Do you know if there is any interest in the John Kelly sights as there is little history and I am told John Kelly passed away some years ago.

The last time I saw some John Kelly for sale they were on and went to a dealer for £100.
    I saw your comment on one of the USA shooting forum pages so I thought you may have some information.
    Hoping that you can help if possible.

Best regards
    HM

Quote Originally Posted by tim s View Post
    Afternoon,

I'm looking for a Kelly trigger mechanism to fit an Anschutz 1813. If anyone has an unwanted one, and would be willing to sell.

Tim

HM,

This thread is a blast from the past!

I think there is some, although a version of the foresight is produced by Barry Nelson, up in Yorkshire. The Kelly version looks a little nicer, but Anschutz changed their foresight mount back in 1987, so it won't fit newer rifles; not without modification or an adaptor.

As for history, John Kelly didn't actually invent the turnover foresight. He based it on an American design, the Womack, admittedly improving the design. John was a regular at the US Nationals held at Camp Perry, and probably came across the Womack there. He shot on the Pershing team, at least once, and I think gained his GB cap before his County cap! He shot for a London club, near Walthamstow, possibly Walthamstow Ensign.

As well as triggers and foresight, he made rearsights, experimented with barrel bedding, and made stocks. I've seen a few beech thumbholes, and one LH metal skeleton stock. The metal stock looked very similar to the Gemini 703, but pre- dated it by several years.

John died around 1997.

I finally found one of his triggers in 2016. And it's attached to my Kenyon-smithed 1913. The release is very crisp, and will safely go to scary light. Unusually, John's trigger will fit any Anschutz Match 54, which Anschutz and Kenyon triggers won't, the geometry of the bent differing between pre-1980 and post-1980 rifles.
    Last edited by tim s; 18-02-2018 at 07:57 PM.