Thread: The home affairs committee inquiry into firearms control 2010

The home affairs committee inquiry into firearms control 2010

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/con...ite=NRA&id=830

Dear All

At an meeting at our club today our Sec told us that a Home Office Select Committe is looking into gun control and asked each of us to look at the NRA uk website and make a submission.

I have attempted to put the link above but not being the most computer literate person I dont know if it will work.

On the BSSC website I have also read a very interesting critique by Colin Greenwood on a Home Office research study 298 of 2006 which is about gun crime and seems to be pointing a finger at legitimate shot gun holders as being a potential source of supply for armed robbers through theft of their legally held shot guns.

I am probable behind the drag curve and this might already be being addressed by your own shooting clubs but as I havent seen a thread about this ( although I only vist this section and firearms sales) i felt i should bring it to general attention.

Flashinthepan

Keep going

Indeed there is a great need to send something in.
    Make it positive and ONLY suggest reductions in restrictions - don't snipe at others to save yourselves
    I believe they are only looking at the Firearms Acts so replicas (covered by the VCR Act) will probably not be looked at - however say what ever you think. Maybe we'll get a PROPER look at shooters/collectors and we'll get a fair hearing this time.
    Oh look, an aviating porcine.
    See the NRA (UK) website for ideas if you are stuck.
    The computers at the Home Office crashed (due to the numbers of shooters sending in replies) so they are taking "late" emails until October, but the sooner we get them in the better.