Thread: Charmouth tunnel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Charmouth tunnel

This place is fantastic....no wind, a cafe, toilets..... is this shooting we know?

It is really done to such a high standard, it is getting some more lights as it is a little dark on the 50m range for target stuff at the mo although I shot fine yesterday for 3 hours ;-)

Here are some unfortunately blurred photos but it will give you a great idea what the place is like! Oh he even has a shop, but it has only been open for 5 weeks so he is building it up and open to suggestions for stock too!!!!!

Its a real eye opener when it is just you and 50m....no wind!

There is a 100 meter range being built now and a 25 yard range too! Oh it is cleared for pistol and rounds up to .762

Oh contact them through http://thetunnel.co.uk/
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 09-08-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: to move.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by richardio123 View Post
    Here are some unfortunately blurred photos but it will give you a great idea what the place is like!
    Moved out of the air gun calendar events section, as is not a dated event, or just air gun, so is now here in the target shooting section. Also, you will need to host your photos via an external hosting site and post links unfortunately, as only sales sections can take photos directly uploaded to the server. Sounds a great place however, thanks for telling us about it . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 09-08-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: house keeping.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

very interesting as i'm going to charmouth for a couple of weeks soon
    thanks for the heads up
    WALTHER DOMINATOR LG300.
    "The Oaks"

Looks like a lovely facility. Not terribly cheap (£7.50/hr for members, £15.00/hr for non-members), so definitely a place for occasional training sessions. Whilst they sell themselves as a club, not many will be able to afford to while away an afternoon there
    But then that's fair enough provided you take it for what it is - a commercial enterprise, not a member's club.

Hope they are able to make a success of it. They've got a lot going for them if they can get publicity out to run some corporate hospitality, etc to supplement the revenue from range hire, the cafe and the shop.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

I really hope this range takes off, especially when you consider the hard work put in to get planning permission through. Looks like some amazing facilities.

As per Hemmers comments about the charging, I guess its a shift in pricing for target shooting, I'm guessing when compared to Clay shooting its cheap ?

Steve.

I'm glad the place is now open. I did contact the council back when they were trying for planning permission, and sent in offical support, gald it has paid off.

Alan