Thread: Charmouth tunnel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Which then brings up the kettle of fish of having to tell plod they are a 'member', keeping track of their attendance and telling plod if they don't shoot for 12 months......

Isn't firearms law fun.

Totally agree with the rest of the post.
    I am pleased to see you have had the same thoughts!

im just itching to pop down...

personally, I think from reports this sounds like a great effort... 50m indoors, cafe, shop... hands up who has access to that to start with?

100m planned... 7.62 indoors... and a 25m... crikey...

even if it is a commercial enterprise, that doesn't irk me. Whilst it's all good to have clubs as cheap as chips, how many struggle stand on their own two feet because of lack of interest or because they have a narrow field of operations.

poking the head out of your bunker for a sport, with the aim to bring in revenue so the facility stands on it's own two feet is to be applauded in my book, and i'd go further and say that some clubs could really benefit with at least a commerce based structure even if they choose not to run at a profit.
    I'm sure something like this isn't going to flaunt the laws... i can't imagine how much red tape must be laying around the place to have got this into the ground.

costs dont bother me... lets face it, if you get hooked on anything it doesn't end up being cheap. I know there's a lot of talent in the sport that finds it hard to finance their potential, but if anything, at least this should open up a few eyes as to what it actually costs and what can be done.

who knows, this success could drive another scheme or venture in time that perhaps can support training teams for instance because it is able to support a wide variety of shooting, perhaps even beyond private or sports use.

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth. This is a new range (when some are closing) with good facilities (that people have cried out for), supporting a variety of shooting (that seemingly other modern ranges dont).

And it's only and hour away from me, so ner ner ner

The tunnel need appaulding in their efforts to get a new shooting venue up and running and when the economic state of this country was at its worst aswell, The effort alone needs supporting and hence the reason me and jerry have booked range time on thursday plus we can show them our FT equipment and explain our sport to them.
    http://www.eastdevonftc.co.uk

On a break from FT.

I for one am really excited about this - not least because it's ten minutes from my house! Some people may be a bit sniffy about the cost/commercial nature, but hey, it's a commercial venture! It can surely only be a benefit of all the shooting sports it supports.

I'm hoping to go and have a look very soon, and whilst the cost made me have a think at first, when you think of the cost of many other hobbies it's really not that bad.

And from my point of view, I'd probably be spending the £7.50 in petrol getting to a club range to shoot at, let alone the additional travelling time...

Whether I take up membership or not, I really hope the place does well and develops successfully.

My boy managed to get a shoot on Monday, he tagged along with a member and got to shoot on first visit, result! He had a go with .22 RF at 25 yards with open sights and had a thoroughly good hours fun.
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

my son and i both went for a couple of visits to the tunnel and have just come back from charmouth
    the facilities were excelent and the staff very helpfull and friendly
    i can whole heartedly recomend this place to anyone visiting it
    having read this thread on my return
    i would think that if some people have a better way of runing clubs
    they should open one and see if they can do better ,for themselves
    thanks guys at the tunnel
    WALTHER DOMINATOR LG300.
    "The Oaks"

I visited The Tunnel yesterday and spent an hour on one of the ranges.

An amazing set up, which I can highly recommend, very friendly people and a really nice environment to shoot in.

I think its facilities like these which are going to bring more people into target shooting, and they should be commended for all the hard work they have done.

I'll definitely be making use of the facilities on a regular basis.

Steve.