Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6mm BB's

Question 6mm BB's

Has anyone used 6mm bb guns yet in UBC comps say P/P or 6yds?, just wondering how you've got on. Just got 2 more mags for my 6mm 357 interested to see how folk managing with 6mm bb ...mike...

Hi Mike.

Paul (Paul55) got this score in the last round of the UBC Police Pistol

In 4th place was Paul55 with a score of 100 + 104 + 55 = 259 using his 6mm Airsoft Tokyo Marui Colt 1911A1 Government
    he beat me, however that isn't hard to do

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

I forgot to add that, on the next round of the 6yd I'm doing a new 6mm airsoft category aswell.

That should keep Paul happy

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thumbs up 6mm bb

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Mike.

Paul (Paul55) got this score in the last round of the UBC Police Pistol

he beat me, however that isn't hard to do

Regards
    Paddy.
    Oy don't be negative U bugger, with time & practice U will achieve & welldone Paul...mike...

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    I forgot to add that, on the next round of the 6yd I'm doing a new 6mm airsoft category aswell.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Thanks Paddy
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Oy don't be negative U bugger, with time & practice U will achieve & welldone Paul...mike...
    Thanks to you as well Mike
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    ill try and shoot this category as well as the usual next month to give you a bit of competition Paul
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    ill try and shoot this category as well as the usual next month to give you a bit of competition Paul
    Oh Heck I'd better get practicing
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

I did have a go but the paper I print my targets on isn't suitable. I use a cardboard backing for pellets and get neat round holes. If I use cardboard with the airsoft the BBs just bounce back without making a hole. Trouble is, if used without cardboard the paper tears unpredictably. I got two sevens, I know 'cos I got two separate holes. The other ten shots all hit between the lower half of the ten ring and the bottom of the eight leaving one large hole and a big flap of paper. You can see a definite ten, a couple of nines and at least one eight, but I can't be sure where the other six went. I expect they all went through the lower half of the ten ring but I can't be sure so I didn't shoot the rest and didn't enter my score.

I now need to look out some cheaper paper that tends to fall apart rather than tear.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Regards
    Paddy.
    We're also adding an airsoft category to Police Pistol for next Season.

Along with pocket pistol and sniper rifle.

That should keep EVERYONE happy!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    I did have a go but the paper I print my targets on isn't suitable. I use a cardboard backing for pellets and get neat round holes. If I use cardboard with the airsoft the BBs just bounce back without making a hole. Trouble is, if used without cardboard the paper tears unpredictably. I got two sevens, I know 'cos I got two separate holes. The other ten shots all hit between the lower half of the ten ring and the bottom of the eight leaving one large hole and a big flap of paper. You can see a definite ten, a couple of nines and at least one eight, but I can't be sure where the other six went. I expect they all went through the lower half of the ten ring but I can't be sure so I didn't shoot the rest and didn't enter my score.

I now need to look out some cheaper paper that tends to fall apart rather than tear.
    tried taping the paper up so it can't tear?

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I've been doing some testing with airsoft an will need adjustable sights on my KJ Works Beretta for targets. I've had to stuff the boxes I'm using with newspaper though, as the .2g balls will go straight through and break on the wall if I don't,

Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I've been doing some testing with airsoft an will need adjustable sights on my KJ Works Beretta for targets. I've had to stuff the boxes I'm using with newspaper though, as the .2g balls will go straight through and break on the wall if I don't,

Nick
    Nick

It'd be nice to have you on the score sheets, that's if you've got the time to.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Nick

It'd be nice to have you on the score sheets, that's if you've got the time to.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Paddy,
    That could prove dificult, in testing, once I found that the sights didn't align and would need machining off & replacing, I stuffed some extra boxes, made stands and did some CBAPS (Cardboard Box and Paper Shooting ) to practice my draw and target aquisition for RIPS (Redhill Iron Plate Shooting).
    I hope to be much improved for the UBCAPS (Umarex Boys Club Action Plate Shoot)
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Paddy,
    That could prove dificult, in testing, once I found that the sights didn't align and would need machining off & replacing, I stuffed some extra boxes, made stands and did some CBAPS (Cardboard Box and Paper Shooting ) to practice my draw and target aquisition for RIPS (Redhill Iron Plate Shooting).
    I hope to be much improved for the UBCAPS (Umarex Boys Club Action Plate Shoot)
    ATB,
    Nick
    i like ubcaps.

its like saying hub caps with a bit of an accent
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.