Thread: S400 Regulator

S400 Regulator

Does anyone know where I could get a regulator fitted to my Air Arms S400 Classic (single shot)??

Tweaky, here on the BBS does them.

Also Ben Taylor, BTAS.

How many shots could I expect with a reg fitted to this gun? Are there many regulated S400s about, or do people rarely feel the need?

I'm new to 'serious' shooting (but intend to buy an S400), so I'm weighing up which customisations might be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by MG_Plinker View Post
    How many shots could I expect with a reg fitted to this gun? Are there many regulated S400s about, or do people rarely feel the need?

I'm new to 'serious' shooting (but intend to buy an S400), so I'm weighing up which customisations might be worthwhile.
    It depends on the calibre and whether the rifle is Classic or Carbine

If it is a Classic and in .177 expect 65-70 good shots non regulated. A really well set up rifle may even make 80 shots all +/- 7 ft/sec in .177 at 11.3 ft lbs.but generally less.
    If regulated then the shot count increases by about 50%
    A FAC length cylinder will also take the shot count for a .177 up to about 100/fill
    John
    hold me back !!

I have a completely standard S400, which will give about 90 good shots on a 170bar fill. The rifle is running around 10.75 FtLbs with JSB's. Accuracy is good enough that I was able to manage 3rd place in the Hunter class at the recent UKBR22 Nationals. Personally I see no reason to fix something that isn't broken. I have had a regulated rifle, a BSA S10, the problem was that it was impossible to get it set up to shoot as well as the standard S400. It even went back to the BSA twice but they were unable to do anything with it, I was not prepared to pay to have it "sorted by JB" as it should work properly as standard, the S400 dose!

Alan
    "If you have a rifle, and you line up back-sight, fore-sight and Frenchman, pull the trigger, the world is suddenly a better place." Bernard Cornwell, in conversation with Mark Urban.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Tweaky, here on the BBS does them.

Also Ben Taylor, BTAS.
    How much would it cost to have a regulator fitted by Tweaky? I've heard nothing but good news about this person so would like to look further into it.. if no one knows how much it would cost then a contact number would be good

Quote Originally Posted by cooky121 View Post
    How much would it cost to have a regulator fitted by Tweaky? I've heard nothing but good news about this person so would like to look further into it.. if no one knows how much it would cost then a contact number would be good
    Send him a pm on here.