Thread: Modification to FWB model #65

Modification to FWB model #65

Many years ago in a Beeman catalog they offered an upgrade to the infamous model #65.I took advantage of the offer,and had it done.The problem is..I can't remember what was done to it.I tend to drift in & out of my interests,and this was done fifteen to twenty years ago.My interests in AIR just reemerged,and want to confirm my hunch that the mainspring was the MOD.Has anyone heard of such an upgrade,and if so ,what was the improvement if any,in F.P.S....Any info would be appreciated.

my memory is a bit like yours , but I think it was 525 fps,
    , .22 Midas , .177 TX200 SR. ZASTAVA PISTOL.177.

According to my 1985 Beeman catalogue he offered a 'super tune-up' for the FWB 65 as follows: "Rebuild FWB 65 trigger mechanism to new factory arrangement for FWB 65 Mk1 and Mk2. Crisper pull.......$70."

I don't know exactly what changes were made to the trigger mechanism at the FWB factory during the life of the 65, but Beeman refers to FWB having introduced "a superior trigger mechanism".

He also sold a parts conversion kit "to internally convert FWB 65 (and so called 67) to Mk1 specs. Recommended for only experienced gunsmith....$69.95."

This involved converting earlier single spring models to double springs (after the dual spring mod 80 came out in 1977 FWB also upgraded the 65 - to achieve a velocity of up to 525fps, according to Beeman).

I'm not clear what he meant by the "so called 67" model. Probably it refers to the second pattern of 65, with improved sights? Not very long after production began the fixed element front sight was replaced with one with interchangable posts and the 25mm wide sprung rearsight was replaced by a non-sprung one that was 10mm wider and had adjustable notch width.

Bear in mind that the Mk1 and Mk2 that Beeman is talking about were not FWB designations but were Beeman's own. The Mk2 was a shortened barrel version of the 65 that FWB made for the US market.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

To garvin

Thanks for the in-depth possible mods done to my #65.amazing memory or access to info. Now,what about my P-1 handles????????Colt. A.C.P. 1911 will it accept all variants ,match, sporting,combat,ETC.......???????