Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED sights to suit Dikar MT Rifle .45

WANTED sights to suit Dikar MT Rifle .45

Hi all, as above, peep hole sights (don't know if that is what they are called.) The type that screws on the stock as in Sharpes rifle. Wanted for BP rifle.Don't expect to get sights for this actual rifle, just something that will suit.This is for a mate.
    Anybody got anything to sell or point me in the right direction?
    (get it? Sights, point,right direction!! heh heh!!)

Dave

Good old Kranks, loads of options in the online catologue

http://www.henrykrank.com/

Thanks slowcoach, I'll look at that now. My mate hasn't got t'net, but he lives at Chorley which I think isn't far from Kranks?
    db

tttbump

last time

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    tttbump
    Quite a nice arsenal you have, Deebee! Is the Thompson deactivated? Or a .22? Or is it kept in France?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks Jim, the Thompson is kept in France, but unfortunately, it is a deact as well
    Dave

In the US we can own Thompsons, but they must be SEMIautomatic only, and the barrel must be at least 16 inches - which makes it look awkward.

It's possible to own a fully automatic version, or one with the original 12 inch barrel, but it's really a legal hassle to do so.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I hope to one day own an M1 carbine. My father brought back the bayonet for one, and a Japanese Arisaka rifle, from World War II.

I always figured I should get an Arisaka bayonet to go with the rifle, and an
    M1 carbine to go with the bayonet!

Jim

And we are led to believe that you yanks can own any gun you like, or perhaps a tank?!!!
    If you come across a (cheap!!!) M1 mag, let me know. Then I can replace the wooden block which is in it now!!!
    db

In some ways, our laws are even tougher than yours! The magic length limits here on a rifle are 16 inches minimum rather than 12, and 26 inches overall rather than 24: your moderators are our silencers, and are very highly regulated: many of your vermin species like rabbits are regulated game animals here: and hunting at night is generally against the law, except for a few "chase" species like cougar.

On the other hand, we can own cartridge pistols, and autoloading rifles. Fully automatic weapons are possible to own in most places, but VERY highly regulated.

How cheap of an M1 magazine were you looking for?

Jim

Very!! I'm tight!!
    I have know idea what the going price is as I have never looked. Plus what the postal rules would be on a firearm mag??

Thumbs up

I have just had a Aug Steyr 30 round magazine delivered from the States. The customs declaration was marked plastic container. And so it is.
    Also I have a creedmoore type rear site somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    Very!! I'm tight!!
    I have know idea what the going price is as I have never looked. Plus what the postal rules would be on a firearm mag??
    Magazines are legal to ship from the US: and, so far as I know, there are no UK regs regulating them either.

I will check on prices for you.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Please note that this would be posted to France.
    atb Dave