Thread: Webley Alecto users

Webley Alecto users

Hi
    How are all you Alecto users finding the gun?
    Anybody regretting buying the gun?
    Would you advise .177 or .22?
    Cheers
    Mick

Hi

I have had the gun for about 2 months now and no way do i have any regrets. I bought the Alecto in .177 to use in the new pistol FT comp that we have set up at our club and it is fantastic with more than enough power to take down knockover targets.
    But if I must be honest it is not even close to being as nice to shoot as my Gamo Compact so I only use the compact for the online comps.

Regards
    Andy

My babies
    http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/t...g/mybabies.jpg
    Last edited by thesmokindog; 16-08-2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: pictures added

I'm very tempted to buy the Alecto though I keep looking at the HW45 as well.
    How do you rate the Alecto's build quality and power?

Cheers
    Mick

Thumbs up Knockover's

Quote Originally Posted by michael54r View Post

Cheers
    Mick
    Both can put the knockover's down, but do bear in mind that the Alecto is virtually recoil less even on full power whilst the 45 jumps around a bit,
    I found the Alecto to be sturdy,accurate, & reliable, but for me i prefer the Compact as all my shooting is target based @ 10m & 6yds...mike...

Fired both the Alecto and the HW45 on sunday gone and much prefered the Alecto, no recoil and very accurate. The HW45 was good and felt and looked like a proper pistol i just wasnt as accurate.

I own the Alecto and find that even after adj the hand grip i still find it to large ( i only have small hands).

If you want accuracy go for the Alecto.

I have the .22 version and it's great I have other pistols that I will use more but I'll never part with it

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    I've got both the HW45 (Silverstar) and Alecto in .177.

To be honest, since I bought the Alecto, I haven't used the HW45 (apart from when the Alecto's trigger failed, and had to be replaced).

I would never sell the Silverstar, but when the Alecto shoots so well (we compared it to a Steyr LP2 and LP10 last weekend, and rested, on paper, it was just as accurate at HFT distances), it's a no-brainer for comps. (actually, I use a Rohm for comps, but that's a different story)

Hope this helps.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by michael54r View Post

Cheers
    Mick
    Hi Mick,

I have owned an Alecto for a few months now. I have also owned a HW45 "Silver Star" for over a year.

The power of both are close to UK legal 6ft lb. (between 5 and 6 ft lb)

The HW45 is a SPRING powered pistol and as such has the associated recoil.

The Alecto is a Multi Stroke Pneumatic and therefore has NO recoil (well, perhaps just a little muzzle flip if you give it all three pumps) but most people I know of shoot them at either 1 pump (about 3ft lb) or 2 pumps (about 5ft lb) where there is no perceivable muzzle flip and definitely NO recoil.

Build Quality, I must say in my opinion the HW45 has the better build quality but it is also much more expensive.

For the price of the pistol, the damned uncanny accuracy, the two-range foresight blade, and the useability for both pistol HFT and Paper punching, I would keep my Alecto over my HW45 IF I had to choose (which I don't)

Hope this helps
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.