Thread: Pistol Scoring Gauges for sale

Pistol Scoring Gauges for sale

See this thread in the Sales Section http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477900

Can anyone tell me exactly how the AP6 and AP10 gauges work, and which cards they are for?

Thanks.
    Not sent from an iPhone.

If you download the NSRA Rules & Regulations you will find all you need to know in Annex B "Gauge Dimensions"

exmpa

I will put this here so as to not interfere with the sales thread as such. The first gauge that you have atually looks more like the .22lr gauge. I have a simmilar Eagle Eye gauge, which has the double rings for the .22lr as the roundnosed bullets leave an undersize hole. the smaller ring fits the hole, the larger ring is the scoring size. The .177 gauge has a single ring, as the wadcutter pellets usually used for air rifle and pistol competitions leaves a pretty much fullsized hole. The inner ring on the .22 gauge is actually quite close to correct 4.52mm but not really good enough for estimating scores.
    Of course I may be wrong, and it is stamped up as .177/4.52mm

Alan
    "If you have a rifle, and you line up back-sight, fore-sight and Frenchman, pull the trigger, the world is suddenly a better place." Bernard Cornwell, in conversation with Mark Urban.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I will put this here so as to not interfere with the sales thread as such. The first gauge that you have atually looks more like the .22lr gauge. I have a simmilar Eagle Eye gauge, which has the double rings for the .22lr as the roundnosed bullets leave an undersize hole. the smaller ring fits the hole, the larger ring is the scoring size. The .177 gauge has a single ring, as the wadcutter pellets usually used for air rifle and pistol competitions leaves a pretty much fullsized hole. The inner ring on the .22 gauge is actually quite close to correct 4.52mm but not really good enough for estimating scores.
    Of course I may be wrong, and it is stamped up as .177/4.52mm

Alan
    On the magnified gauge the outer ring is 4.5mm not 5.5mm
    Not sent from an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    If you download the NSRA Rules & Regulations you will find all you need to know in Annex B "Gauge Dimensions"

exmpa
    Brilliant thanks, i've updated the sales thread accordingly.

To be honest I have no idea what they are worth! The magnified one I have based on the £18 price tag of the Eagleeye Gauge
    Not sent from an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by barrow_matt View Post
    On the magnified gauge the outer ring is 4.5mm not 5.5mm
    Interesting to see an .177 air rifle/pistol gauge in the configuration, I suppose that it is helpful for shooters who are using a dome head pellet for some reason. You live and learn as they say.

Alan
    "If you have a rifle, and you line up back-sight, fore-sight and Frenchman, pull the trigger, the world is suddenly a better place." Bernard Cornwell, in conversation with Mark Urban.