Thread: Anybody else seen the Mirror today........

Anybody else seen the Mirror today........

FRONT PAGE........
    Yet again a toddler gets shot with an airgun. Apparently his father (29) was shooting in the garden, and wanted to give his son a 'thrill' so he points the loaded gun at his sons head and pulls the trigger. Unfortunately, the gun was loaded and the pellet struck the youngster in the neck. Kid had to undergoe surgury to get the pellet removed. Police are calling it a tragic accident, and the family are devestated by the accident.

Am I the only one who thinks the father should get five years in jail for gross criminal irresponsibility and stupidity. Somebody that moronic is a danger to society and should be locked up.

yet agian responsible airgunning given a bad name by a total numbnut w**ker.

Just in time for the review of firearms (and airgun) laws!!!!!

Lakey

it realy makes you wonder what their thinking at the time??? if he wants to point guns at people take his rifle off him and give him a ******* plastic one!!!
    Last edited by snock; 18-08-2010 at 08:09 PM.
    weihrauch HW100 TH .177
    BSA LIGHTNIG XL .22

Here is the link

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22494845/

It beggars belief !!

God protect us all, from stupid morons like that .

Thumbs down Insane Bampot

Did that Bam not know the first rule? Do not aim at a fellow human being.Sicko.Accident? NO! It should'nt have happened.Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    FRONT PAGE........
    Yet again a toddler gets shot with an airgun. Apparently his father (29) was shooting in the garden, and wanted to give his son a 'thrill' so he points the loaded gun at his sons head and pulls the trigger. Unfortunately, the gun was loaded and the pellet struck the youngster in the neck. Kid had to undergoe surgury to get the pellet removed. Police are calling it a tragic accident, and the family are devestated by the accident.

Am I the only one who thinks the father should get five years in jail for gross criminal irresponsibility and stupidity. Somebody that moronic is a danger to society and should be locked up.

yet agian responsible airgunning given a bad name by a total numbnut w**ker.

Just in time for the review of firearms (and airgun) laws!!!!!

Lakey
    I think that his punishment is now being served! He wil never forget this!

I certainly would'nt want to live with that on my mind for the rest of my life.

Regards

Martin

The punishment would be there to

(1) Serve as a deterrent to other numb nuts out there!

(2) Show the public that gun mis-use will not be tolerated by the judiciary.

(3) Give the bloke plenty of free time to reflect on just how irresponsible he has been.

The problem with morons like him is that they dont think of anyone except themselves. If that were not the case he would never have been so foolish in the first place.

As responsible airgunners we should support harsher sentences being handed down for irresponsible and dangerous gun use.

All the anti-gun lobbyists will be making capital out of this event for sure...

And it is sure not to be forgotten in the forthcoming parlimentary review of firearms and airgun law.

Lakey

I heard it on the radio yesterday...my heart sank.

another nail

Blake was playing nearby when his dad took aim pretending to shoot the toddler and give him a “thrill”.

as an air gunner we all no if a rifle is pointed at you the last thing you get is a thrill, just hope the police took the rifle away from him, this guy needs help
    In times of universal deceit, telling the truth,becomes a revolutionary act, Resistance is the duty of all true patriots.
    George Orwell

Problem with certain parts of society today is that few things has real consequences any more. You can do pretty much what the hell you like and most of the time get away with it. If you get caught most things just get a slap on the wrist at best.

Maybe a suitable consequence in this case would be (a) Five years in Jail or (b) The child taken into care for his own protection.

Clearly the father shouldnt be left in charge of a hamster, let alone a child.

Total Pillock in every way. And sadly Yes, another nail in the airgunning
    coffin

Newmarket, Suffolk. More than a one horse town!
    The really worrying thing is people like that breed! Surely pointing a gun at a kid and pulling the trigger amounts to attempted murder? Lock the idiot away from society.
    Join BASC. You know it makes sense!

Lock him up.... why should anyone be so stupid? If you don' know what an air rifle is capable of, don't own one.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

I used to shoot in my back garden, with a proper backstop made of concrete slabs and sand bunker. Only ever did it when I was on my own in the garden with the back door and side gate locked and all my neighbours were okay about it.

But, after reading these sorts of stories over the years I have stopped, I believe that I shot as safe as possible, but god forbid that something did happen. Also I keep a low profile about my shooting as I don't want to be labelled as a gunho moron.

Now I just shoot at my permission and the local club.

best to be safe than sorry .

It just amazes me that people can be so stupid

It's the same with any weapon, they are reasonably safe until some cretin gets hold of them

Cam.
    AA S400 .177 Varmint II 4-16 X 44, AA S200 .22 (MULTI-SHOT) 6-24 X 50 SR12 IR
    BSA XL Tactical .22 BSA Essential 4-12 X 44
    If it ain't causin' a problem, then leave well alone !!

So many things wrong with this. The worse being he pointed a weapon knowing it was loaded at his own child and pulled the trigger. The child is very lucky to still have his life.
    Truly gutted why must we have so many idiots in this world
    BSA scorpion T10
    Webley Nemesis
    Gunpower stealth

Gents,

May I direct you to the thread of the same subject that's running in Members Only?

In the interests of me not having two threads to keep an eye on, I'd like to close this one down.

Thanks.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.