Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old air rifle that fires pellets from a cartridge?

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I think that someone once did a run of Lee Enfield conversions to TAC's as well, can anyone shed any light on this??

John
    Wasn't that another Brocock? A converted Lee Enfield rifle that used air cartridges and NATO bullets. I seem to remember they were all the rage when a TV programme featured them shooting (shaken up) tins of Coke which caused them to explode on hitting.
    I think they also converted a full bore rifle - the Parker Hale 2000. Im sure someone will be along who knows a lot more than I about these guns.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Wasn't that another Brocock? A converted Lee Enfield rifle that used air cartridges and NATO bullets. I seem to remember they were all the rage when a TV programme featured them shooting (shaken up) tins of Coke which caused them to explode on hitting.
    I think they also converted a full bore rifle - the Parker Hale 2000. Im sure someone will be along who knows a lot more than I about these guns.

ATB
    Ian
    hi IAN
    it was the parker hale MIDLAND i had one of these but it was S&P who converted them
    i also had the earlier ENSIGN by S&P they could shoot conventional pellets but later on they produced a new nosecone for the midand which made them able to shoot proper pellets

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
    I was chatting to a bloke this morning while walking my dog, and he told me that his friend has an airgun that fires a .22 pellet from a type of cartridge, or canister that is first pumped full of air, then put into the breech and fired He couldn't remember the makers name( but said the gun was manufactured in Stratford upon Avon, one of 150 made and it's FAC rated. He thought that the name began with an 'S' and there were partners, ? and ? Any ideas?
    Did the 'S' stand for 'Shakespeare'?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone