Thread: valuations

valuations

A friend of mine is looking for a valuation for a Haenel XXXX break barrel in .177, it has a date mark 01/10/1935 stamped on the stock, it's used but good condition, the metal work is lovely & the stock has a few bumps but nothing for the age...there are no other marks except cal stamp, the barrel's a smooth bore.

And a Webley and Scott Hawk in very very used condition with plenty of pitting circa late 50's - early 60's .22 barrel only as the .177 went astray some years ago, it also has an auto safety

I like the look of the Haenel & I might consider having it...but I want the best price for him so he can put the money towards his new investment.

Anyone have any ideas of what they fetch? Thanks

The Haenel mod 40 is a junior rifle, 36in long and similar to the Diana 22. Nicely made and uncommon, but these smaller pre-War guns don't seem to command very high prices. Maybe somewhere between £35-70 depending on the exact condition, originality etc? Post up some pics and you may get a better idea.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

many thanks Garvin I'll see what I can do regards photo's sorry now sold
    Last edited by dicky; 29-08-2010 at 04:49 PM.