Thread: Park Hr93 Rifle

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Park Hr93 Rifle

How many of these recoilless rifles were made and has anyone seen one around in a gunshop recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee
    How many of these recoilless rifles were made and has anyone seen one around in a gunshop recently?
    Only just bought one. Second hand, but a minter. Serial no 1237, so there were at least that many. Walnut thumbhole stock. Tasco 4-16x40 scope (one of the really good Jap ones). Not a mark on any of 'em. In a nice gunbag. Pinched it for £275. Next bessy thing to a Whiscobe IMHO. Bit low on power (10ft/lb), so,
    DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO TWEAK 'EM UP A BIT? (OR KNOW A MAN WHO CAN).
    Last edited by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH; 02-12-2004 at 05:45 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think you might get 11ft/lbs with the right pellet, I think draftsmann said tat they were set up for Hobby pellets so maybe try those. Probably needs a new spring if it has been sitting around for a decade too. Thanks for the pricing info.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee
    I think you might get 11ft/lbs with the right pellet, I think draftsmann said tat they were set up for Hobby pellets so maybe try those. Probably needs a new spring if it has been sitting around for a decade too. Thanks for the pricing info.
    Hmmmmmmmm.
    I'm using JSB's at 15.89g, so By all intents and purps, it should give a higher ft/lb than the lighter hobbys. However, "suck it and see" is the order of the day. I shall surrepticiously cadge the odd different pellet from any unsuspecting mugs, and bob them through the chrono. I've tried H&N trophy, but the grouping aint as good as the JSB's,so there out!

draftsmann Guest
    I'm back on the IOM now Mr Bowl Bugle so will get copy of manual sent off to you

Adrian

Thou art indeed a gentleman and a scholar young feller me lad!
    Many thanks in advance.

Koz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bowl bugle
    Hmmmmmmmm.
    I'm using JSB's at 15.89g, so By all intents and purps, it should give a higher ft/lb than the lighter hobbys.
    The fpe thing works the other way round with springers, up to a point.
    Lighter pellets tend to give a higher fpe than heavier ones.