Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daystate Mk3 FT and HFT option, input needed

Daystate Mk3 FT and HFT option, input needed

We at Harper Classic Guns and Daystate have been discussing an additional programming option for the Mk3B versions in the light of the success at HFT this year. This option would be suitable for disciplines such as FT and HFT where single shot loading is used.

The option will only allow one single shot to be fired where the safety switch will have to be set to off then back on again to fire again (auto-safe). After the shot has been fired the safety tab will flash to indicate that the gun is in safe mode and a shot has been fired.

This will help to prevent shots being taken without a pellet being loaded.

The questions are:

1) Would this option be useful?

2) Are there any other programmable options needed and what are they?

3) Is the option for extinguishing the safety LED light ever used and can we remove it?

We are thinking of introducing the changes early next year and it might be possible to reprogram existing guns if the demand is enough, final details have not been decided on yet.

Please let us have your comments.

David

Darren Petts Guest
    I can only answer point 1 and say yes such an option would be useful. On a number of occasions I've blown one off wondering if I've loaded or not. Unfortunately mine's an A model though so I'm stuck with the program it's got.

one of the senior shooters at our club (FT), struggles to get up sometimes and he does so with his finger on the trigger and this results in the odd discharge, he has been told about safety issues on this matter, but still often forgets. the single shot would be a great option as we don't like the gun going off in our ears etc!

I'm not sure how useful this is but I shoot a MK3B (FAC) and if I'm in any doubt over whether the rifle is loaded or not, I just pull the bolt make to the notch to allow mag removal. If it is loaded, I can easily see the back of the pellet in the breech.

Lionel

Does this mean any B model can be upgraded in the future? I have just got a new MKIII and would have loved to have had that option now as I too have a problem getting up and down.

And what would be the approximate cost of this upgrade.

Regards
    Barry
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Petts
    I can only answer point 1 and say yes such an option would be useful. On a number of occasions I've blown one off wondering if I've loaded or not. Unfortunately mine's an A model though so I'm stuck with the program it's got.
    Agreed 100%
    not sure about the blowing 1 off..

PrestonLadInUSA Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by David Snook

2) Are there any other programmable options needed and what are they?

David
    More than just programming, actually but have you ever attempted to stick a pressure transducer in the reservoir to provide feedback to the micro-controller to electronically regulate the gun?

I own a FAC MKIII and love it, BTW.

Any reason why we haven't seen the electronics in the higher power guns?

I also read your reports about the Ranger and the claimed accuracy and power. Well I have the .25 calibre that only musters 70fpe and the accuracy is dismal - 3" groups @ 50yds with Kodiaks and Korean heavies. Others are reporting similar results. What, apart from complaining to the US distributor, should I be doing about this, do you suggest?

Regards,

Craig W.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    Agreed 100%
    not sure about the blowing 1 off..
    I will say nothing

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

It may be going too far but how about being to alter the auto safety between 1,2 or 3 shots, this would allow you to set on '2' for a two target FT lane so the gun would be safe between lanes but you wouldn't need to reset between targets on the same lane (which I think may be a pain after a while).

Pete.

Reprogrammable

The "B" units are reprogrammable and can be updated, please phone Daystate for details.

Meanwhile keep the suggestions coming.

I don't know about programmable 1, 2 or 3 shots because the whole idea is to prevent a "blank" shot being fired, which can earn you a miss and nil points for the shot when competing.

David

Darren Petts Guest
    I thought that a pellet sensor was in the pipeline for the Mk3 specifically to counter this "always live" trigger? Has this idea been killed off?

David,
    I agree this wouldn't stop the 'Nil Points' but it would stop the guns firing when getting up & moving between lanes which I have seen on more than one occasion when the gun is left switched on. Personally I wouldn't use a fixed single shot feature as I would get sick of turning the gun off & on between the two targets on a lane, if you had the option you can always set it to one if you prefer & if you did get 'Nil Point' on the '2' setting you've only yourself to blame.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby
    It may be going too far but how about being to alter the auto safety between 1,2 or 3 shots, this would allow you to set on '2' for a two target FT lane so the gun would be safe between lanes but you wouldn't need to reset between targets on the same lane (which I think may be a pain after a while).

Pete.

That is being lazy, the one shot in the programme would be the safety option that I would want.

www.daystateowners.com

Darren Petts Guest
    Or another idea - what about a simple sensor on the bolt. If the bolts been actioned then the triggers reset. It's fair to say that in competition if you've opened and closed the bolt there'll be a pellet in the spout or you've had the bolt open to display safe twix lanes then closed the bolt either at the next lane with one up the spout or because it's going back in it's bag in which case it'll be turned to safe (or should be).

Safety is the single most important part of shooting, Which should be imbedded in everyones minds before you pick up a rifle, To have the electonics do it for you in my opinion will make the shooter lazy and perhapes a little complacent. For me personally I will keep my MK111 on a manual safety catch, I know then that it is safe. By all means offer the mod, but I think it is programming for programming sake.
    http://www.eastdevonftc.co.uk

On a break from FT.