Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
Having used the excellent Viper "conventional" scope for a while now for both field and competition use, I must admit that the new offering sounds innovative and very tempting. Very thorough reviews Para!
If there are any knocking about at the Midland I just might be tempted. Its pleasing to note that at least one organisation is designing products for us airgunners to use at our specific ranges. Well done the MTC team for leading the field with a new approach to meeting our needs. I am sure that the scope will be a huge success, and I look forward to peering my ageing eyes through the lenses of one soon.
Andy
Thanks...I think

I had no idea it was such a long review until I bunged it on here, but I have read many reviews, and would be too easy just to say...hey...this is a great scope...buy one!!

A hell of a lot of thought has gone into the Viper Connect. I showed a chap at the club I have just started attending and he was pretty amazed.

It is a pity this could have not gone on as one lump, and with images, but to be honest there would be little point in the images as I have the 40mm prototype, and Gary and Sammie already have some great images on their web site.

Re the mounting, I find the double ring fine, but it does not allow any room to mount a lamp on.

Sammie tells me the production unit has a slightly longer front end which should help, and it is defo slimmer, but airgunners are usually quite ingenious and will over come this issue (if it is an issue).

The Sports match mount looks as though it will fix this if required.

Personally, I will suck it and see when the production batch arrive.

With the original connect there was a weaver rail on the top, but I mounted a logun lamp screwed through a small plate sandwidged between the mount rings. this gave more than enough light with that scope, and I suspect this one also.

The rifle I have the current unit fitted to will get the NV stuck on it over the winter in any event.