Thread: Hw 35 Safety Spring ??

Hw 35 Safety Spring ??

Hi Guys

Quick question, I have an oldish HW 35 .22 which I have restored & had reblued by Collin at MAG.

All is well and shoots great although, the safety is a little "off" sometimes as safety pin doesnt pop out unless the barrel is cocked firmly. Trigger engages fine so no real safety issues.

I know why is happening too I think the "pin's" spring is showing occasional out of the cylinder hole by working its way out slowly.

What stops it from doing this, I don't remember having any "bits" left over, unlike when I touch cars

Should I make the spring a little larger one end so it butts up better on the inside of the cylinder, or it there a plug hole for the spring missing on my floor somewhere LOL.

Any insight as to what Ive done wrong would be great.

ATB
    Paul

Here

Try chambers for the correct spring

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...cts.asp?page=3
    CS126
    ATB Graham
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

Thanks Graham

I think its the original spring as its the one that came out of the gun, and I had not noticed it as a problem before, it didn't look distorted but its a chance I guess ??

But should the spring just sit against the inside chamber wall ??

ATB
    Paul

Yep

Yep.
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan