Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webley Tempest Centennial ETA

I was in the belief that all British tooling for these pistols had been scrapped so the Turkish gun is a new gun thats a copy of the original. Might even be better but will never be a "Webley".
    Might be wrong though.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I hear you can have the new 'Weblish' guns in 2 new calibres : 'Rose' and 'Lemon' and it comes in a nice box and the gun is lightly dusted in icing sugar
    All lovingly hand crafted by a swarthy bloke in a wife-beater who was making brass lamps for your local pound shop last week in the well-regarded gun-making quarter of Marmaris known as 'Uptha Arsenal'
    Last edited by harvey_s; 25-08-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    The Tempest 'Centennial' is a new build based on the original Tempest blueprints.
    The limited stock of existing spares is insufficient for production purposes.
    Because the new production is intended to be as close in appearance as possible to the original, delays have occurred whilst minor details are sorted, but, as production is in Turkey it takes longer to sort these problems, as samples have to be sent to the UK and then returned for possible modifications.
    As far as I know there are no problems with the cases.
    Good info! So its a copy. Well, at leaest then the design lives on, if they do it right it could be nice (Turkish walnut grips as standard perhaps as on other Hatsans). Perhaps other developments? Fascinating though that this 80 year old design continues to go forward.

Still worth grabbing decent Brum Tempests as they come up then.

Tempest

I know Webley went thru quite a complicated process to seal the steel liner into the alloy frame on the Premier and Junior MK2's. This is covered in some detail by Gordon Bruce in his Webley Pistol Book. There is no mention of this problem with the Hurricane?Typhoon/Tempest but I do wonder if the Turks will have cylinder liner sealing problems with the Tempest.

Tempest Centennial

Are these available now?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by bigtim View Post
    Are these available now?
    Tim
    Doesn't look like it.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

Centennial Tempests

According to BAR, these are still likely to appear! As to when, who knows?
    Laudator temporis acti

the cases are already on sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda113 View Post
    According to BAR, these are still likely to appear! As to when, who knows?
    BAR have a picture of one on there Facebook page,thats why i asked the question,they have one!!

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

Centennial Tempests

Well, it does seem that at last they are arriving from the BAR website. I`ve had £20 deposit on one with BAR since 4th January 2010. I wonder where I am in the queue?
    Laudator temporis acti

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I spoke to my local dealer a few days ago and the word he'd heard from Webley that the problem was with the box!

He does'nt expect to see any new Tempests this year.
    The cases are on sale at Protek Supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by ginger-5 View Post
    The cases are on sale at Protek Supplies.
    An indication that either the guns are never coming or whoever owns the cases has no further connection with the guns.

Cool, assemble your own special
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Theres a picture of one in the air pistols section (if you can find it...) and from the looks of it - It looks like it should come with a free tin of T-Cut (perhaps thats what the space on the RH side of the box has been left for...)

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Theres a picture of one in the air pistols section (if you can find it...) and from the looks of it - It looks like it should come with a free tin of T-Cut (perhaps thats what the space on the RH side of the box has been left for...)
    Link in Post #21 above.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    The first batch of the Centennial Tempest is now being released to dealers, but the supply is limited.
    The finish was always intended to be a 'Matt/Satin' finish, as was that of the original Tempest, so the 'New' Tempest is closer to the original intention.
    There are several differences compared to the original, one of the more noticeable being the cross hatching on the grips.
    It is not yet known what parts will be interchangeable, so until someone strips one to find out, it's probably best to assume not many, if any.