Hey folks, my grandfather gave me a "replica" revolver earlier on, i always remember being fascinated by it as a child and now he's decided he wants me to have it down to his bad health

I've been trying to identify exactly what it is because he once told me that he has a suspicion its not a replica at all. He came by it when his brother who often travelled to America passed away a few years ago, he also had a fascination with guns and fetched this back with him. I'm not sure when he fetched it over here but to me it looks like it still has the firing pin
I've never owned my own firearm and dont consider myself an expert in any way (just airguns for me!) but as far as i can tell it still has the firing pin which is visible when the hammer is pushed forward, i'll put some photos of it for you guys to deduce an opinion. Another thing that fueled my suspicion was when i googled the name scrawled on the box (1851 navy conversion) most of what i found were .38 special firing replicas of the original revolver which makes me wonder if thats what this is.

Let me know if you recognize anything guys let me know as i'd love to find out exactly what ive been given.
Cheers
-Josh