Thread: Optical Correction Lense - Gehmann 579

Optical Correction Lense - Gehmann 579

Has anyone used that lense ? ie "Gehmann Cylindrical Lens System 579"...

Wondering how it compares to traditional shooting glasses and whether it's a viable alternative to them.......

Cheers.

dont think it's ISSF legal if that's a concern.

I'm using the diopter version - where there is the iris/filter system, then the lens system, and the whole attaches to the rearsight. It's a few years old.

It's nice. I like it. Easy to fit. Easy to adjust focus. I don't know how it compares with frames, but I'm getting some frames in a week, so I'll know then.

I'm getting Frames because I also shoot 10 air rifle, and I can't be doing with faffing about changing iris attachments from rearsight to rearsight.

Assuming I get on with the frames, I'll be selling the "lens" part of the diopter assembly in a couple of weeks.

Not a terribly helpful post really, except to say that I think it's worth a go.

One thing to consider.
    Have you had your eyes tested by an optician who understands shooting needs before you spend the money on gadgets? The variable lense systems won't help if you have any astigmatism. Shooting frames (or a fixed power corrective lense in the rearsight) are your only real answer in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP1 View Post
    The variable lense systems won't help if you have any astigmatism. Shooting frames (or a fixed power corrective lense in the rearsight) are your only real answer in that case.
    I think the 579 is a lens system with extra added plus.

"A cylindrical system to compensate short-sightedness, long-sightedness and astigmatism. Up to now shooters could only use shooting frames in order to solve this problem. Our cylindrical lens system is able to compensate astigmatism and to balance size and optical axis of the eye. In combination with our magnifying diopter (-4.5dpt to 4.5dpt, 503-09, not included) for spherical disorders our product is now able to replace a shooting frame completely."

I can't help with answering the question, but as for yourself I'd like the answer as I'm not having much luck with the alternatives such as shooting frames and a rearsight mounted lense holder. However, for £100, I might just take a punt.

Vic T

Not a 579 , but I bought a Gehmann 546MC in march after trying the alternatives , my scores have gone up and made life easier with the ability to adjust +/- for any future changes . (I believe as Robf posted they are not ISSF legal ).