Thread: MTC mamba

MTC mamba

for a long while i've using a Bushnell Banner 6-24x40 on my Hw100 kt,its served me well over the last 18months but i really wanted something with side focus,i was in a gun shop and he told me to try the MTC mamba which i did and thought it was fantastic, i advertised on BBS and managed to get one,a Mamba 4-16x50 "NOT LIGHT" 2months old.
    Today was the first time out with it at "Pontefract ARC" and WOW what a scope this is, the optics are much clearer than the Bushnell and its alot easier to focus (I would love a small hunting side wheel,if anybody can help).
    10xmag is good for me,any higher i seam to get a bit of white out but i'm sure i will overcome it.
    This is a fantastic scope and i cant wait till i can afford another for my lads AA s200.
    Many thanks to all at mtc.
    Nick
    Welcome To Reality The Year of The Diamond Dogs

I have the 10x44 Viper and couldn't agree more with your view. Also, given that I have never used my small wheel, you're welcome to it* for the postage fee (I'd have to find it though, just moved house!)

*Assuming a Viper small side wheel fits a Mamba..???

PM me if you want to try it
    Weihrauch HW97K - MTC Viper 10x44: Weihrauch HW98 - MTC Viper 10x44 : Weihrauch HW100S - Nikko Platinum Nighteater 6-24x56

You hav pm .

I've got Viper 4-16 and Mamba 3-12, and you cannot put the Viper wheel on the Mamba. Nor would I want to personally!

John's right, not compatible

Ah well
    Weihrauch HW97K - MTC Viper 10x44: Weihrauch HW98 - MTC Viper 10x44 : Weihrauch HW100S - Nikko Platinum Nighteater 6-24x56

Oh well thanks everybody , I wonder if they make one for the mamba !

Nick

I purchased the same scope last November, I am a bit of a novive with this, but I get what you describe as "White out" at higher magnifications. What causes this and how do i get rid of it.
    Due to a broken foot, I have not had much chance to shoot with the new scope, but first impressions are great, the only issue I had was that the recoil from my FAC licensed springer sheared the retaining pin in the rear mount ( i did have the extra weight of a lamping kit on it).
    However Sammie at MTC was brill and replaced it no fuss.