Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello,
    I'd like to humbly introduce myself as a complete novice but a complete fan of air rifles as I'd always wanted one but do to economics, I couldn't purchase one. I'm in LA, Calif, USA and never had one until someone gave me a Gamo Varmint break barrel air rifle as a gift. I received it with no scope at all, as it is used but would like a quality scope for it. I have an over population of pigeons on power lines but would also like to just have some fun with targets. It has no sights so a nice scope seems to me my first order of business. Any and all guidance or links is appreciated. Where do I start?

Cheers,
    Robert

Hi Guys,
    Bump, Any help would be appreciated with it. Sorry to bother.

R

Tip: Dont ever shoot at powerlines
    Making waves since 1971.

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Please start a new thread in the airgun section and I'm sure scope advice will come, or work out your budget, pick out a couple that are available locally to you, and ask about them.

Shooting at power lines( and stuff sitting on them) is bad wherever you live! The first question to ask is if you miss, where's the pellet going next?

It may also be worth asking locally if there are any specific laws covering shooting airguns/hunting in your state. I believe they vary widely over there.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Hello Robert