Thread: Air Arms S400 MPR Target Rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    The original poster asked specifically about 10 mt, and whilst the MPR will be adequate and some people do shoot 10 mts with one reasonably well, it is simply not as good as the Anschutz/Walter/FWB 10mt rifles for 10 mt precision ISSF shooting. Yana is spot on, for the same money you can get a better rifle for the job. Why buy a converted sporter, when you can buy a rifle designed for the job for the same money.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    The original poster asked specifically about 10 mt, and whilst the MPR will be adequate and some people do shoot 10 mts with one reasonably well, it is simply not as good as the Anschutz/Walter/FWB 10mt rifles for 10 mt precision ISSF shooting. Yana is spot on, for the same money you can get a better rifle for the job. Why buy a converted sporter, when you can buy a rifle designed for the job for the same money.
    Robin
    I agree that the Anschutz/Walther/FWB rifles are better than the Air Arms MPR but then they should be - the can cost up to 5 times as much to buy depending on the exact model chosen.

Havent seen one that's 5 times as expensive.
    Thats 5x800=E4000 The mpr is a wood stocked standard rifle, so you cant compare it to a carbontech walther..Thats the wrong comparison.
    A normal woodstocked anschutz/walther or FWB is E800-1400.
    Anyway, the walther I bought, the LG300, is júst as good as any Anschutz or FWB AND just as expensive as the MPR. NOT 5x as expensive.
    And the club versions of the other brands are also not/ little more expensive.
    ATB,
    yana

Here in the UK the MPR costs around £500. The Feinwerkbau 700 Aluminium cost around £2500.

I did say the price depends on the model you choose. Even the 700 Basic is twice the price of the MPR and the 700 Universal is three times the price. Both are wooden stock versions. They are almost certainly much better rifles but are more expensive so they should be.

Here both the MPR and Walther 300 I have are around the E800 mark.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Here both the MPR and Walther 300 I have are around the E800 mark.
    blimey, that makes it worth while jumping on a plane to Rotterdam and going shopping

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Whilst not legal to buy mail order from the UK, it is legal to buy mail order in the UK from the EU (quirk of EU law that even our Jobsworths could not get around or get stopped!) So get searching on those German sites. Stopper, Schiesssport Buinger, and many more, as well as eGun. Georg Knappworst often has S/H match rifles and they are very helpfull, I bought an air pistol from them. You just need to prove by sending a copy of your passport or other rock solid means that you are over 18.
    In England FWB 300's & Walther LGR's go for around £250, the 600 series FWB's go for under £500, all are pure match rifles and a better choice for 10 mts.
    Good shooting.
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 05-09-2010 at 05:10 PM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?