Thread: Diana g36 .177

Diana g36 .177

Hi all, new to the forum I've a Diana g36 .177 that my dad got me as a child and I've just found it in the understairs cupboard, I've started go do some research on it and I'm wondering were would be best to get it refurbished?, it's in pretty good nick I think as a novice I don't really know any advice would be great!

Cheers ben

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Ben, and welcome to the best bit of the BBS . Although a nice piece and important to you, the rifle in question isn't overly valuable, so don't go too mad, but let us know what you would idealy like done to the gun and we can give you some calculated pointers. Links to pictures would be good, too. Hope this (sort of) helps. Once again, welcome to the BBS . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Gareth, I just wanted to give it some tlc if possible it's been unused for so long I'd like to do as much as possible myself. I've took some pics what is the best way to upload them.
    Cheers ben.

Hi Gareth,
    I'm just looking to give it a bit of tlc it hasn't Been used in a long time, I like to do as much of the work myself put don't really know where to start, where's best to upload pics?
    Cheers ben

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Brothergrim View Post
    I've took some pics what is the best way to upload them.
    ... ask this man very nicely by p-m and e-m: http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301777.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

G36

It does not look that bad. try the fine wire wool and machine oil on the metal work although someone put up a post/thread about something called FLITZ? that would shift the rust a couple of weeks ago. The stock looks ok. As it is really not that collectable and not worth spending money on a reblue, just clean it up and enjoy a plink with it.
    guess a reblue would cost more than the gun is worth. Mainspring about a tenner and check the piston washer and breech washer if you have it down. Because of the pressed up design of the trigger, these can be a bit of a bugger to get the pin through. On A G27 I wedged it with a bit of paper and lined it up with a punch but it is still awkward. There is a sticky about "tuning " old springers and that is worth a look.
    Last edited by ggggr; 01-09-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Updating
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Cheers gggr, I's there a specific oil I should use, and is it worth getting the spring replaced?, is a reblue expensive? And is the anything I can do which is considered best practice in regards to maintaince?

Cheers ben

There is a piece missing on the rear sight where would be best to source a replacement?

Cheers ben