Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something I'm doing in Jan McArthur's Memory

That is a brilliant idea Jim that Jan would be proud of I am sure.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Whenever I open one of the books I've donated, and see Jan's face smiling at me from inside the back cover, I think she's smiling because of the work of the Book Trust!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Talking books

Jim,
    If you ruled the world it would be a happer place. Why not make a start by running for president.

All the best and have a nice Christmas. (Thanksgiving ?)

Terry
    Coming second is losing.

Thank you, Terry!

I might give a Presidential run in 2012. I think there's going to be a vacancy!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

legacy

Sir. Although I am new on this forum I felt compeled to drop you a line after reading your post . What a wonderful way for your wife to be remembered to the people she obviously cared for and nurtured Iam sure she would be delighted. Best of luck with your venture. Kind Regards Simon

Thank you very much, Simon. It's nice of you to say that!

Jim

engin is offline If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...
    Hi Jim,

PM Sent.

E

And received, my old friend. And thank you!

Jim

Many thanks to our good friend Engin. . .

. . . for his most generous contribution to the Janet McArthur Memorial Book Trust!

We have 91 books there already, can you believe that? Not bad, considering that we started just 5 months ago!

We achieved our goal of 50 books on the library's shelves by the end of 2010 and, with the help of friends like Engin, I have no doubt that we'll achieve our new goal of 150 there by the end of 2011.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 20-02-2011 at 01:22 AM.

I have another batch ready to go there next week: we'll be well over 100!

Jim

Thank you, Jim!

Jan, speaking through Jim, is happy for the Book Trust established in her memory! She thanks her friend Engin for his contribution.

Jan
    Jan McArthur

"When a [wo]man is tired of London... [s]he is tired of life!" (Johnson)
    It is the most marvelous city in the world!

The Book Trust is up to 120 books!

And, I've made a couple of contributions in Jan's memory on your side of the Atlantic, too!

One was a donation to the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust (Jan's favorite place on England) to "adopt" the Swan and Maidenhead Inn sign, which hung outside the birthplace when it was a pub in the 19th century.

Another was to "adopt" a sheep at the Mary Arden farm. They are trying to preserve breeds of animals that were native to the area in the Bard's day.

Jim

Happy 59th Birthday, My Darling Jan!

And all my love, today and always, and forever.

Your Jimmie

Jan

What a Damn fine idea Jim,

I wish you every success in this endeavour,

Best Wishes,

Bernard.

180 volumes now on the shelves!

For the Janet McArthur Memorial Book Trust.

Jim