Thread: Umarex Desert Eagle problem..

Umarex Desert Eagle problem..

Hi guys I bought one from a member on here and its having some power problems.
    Will try to explain as best I can what happens and maybe you guys can diagnose / recommend what to do next..

So I load a 8 shot mag and put a new co2 in and tighten it as much as pos..
    Take a shot and either it farts out and does about 150 fps or the skirt of the pellet gets stuck in the magazine and jams the gun.

I have tried Umarex flat heads and Harrier domed pellets and both have the same problem.

I have used a chrono on the gun and it usually fires at around 250fps when it actually manages to leave the barrel. It goes through about 2-3 pieces of pizza box cardboard and dies. (Pizza boxes make a good plinking target with a printout on top hehe)

I have never seen this gun in new condition so I have no way to compare it and guess what is wrong, but I find the hammer to be quite loose and in my oppinion it doesn't seem strong enough compared to my other pistols hammers.

So it could be the hammer spring I guess.. but I have no idea how to repair or replace that and don't even know how to strip the gun down to be honest.. there is no screws or rivets.

Just one last thing to report.. sometimes there will be ONE shot where the slide doesn't contract back and that shot is always very powerful. Last time it did it hit over 600fps. Could be due to having the chrono on the end making the slide too heavy to contract back?? Doesn't explain the extra power though..

Not sure what the heck would cause it to do that.. I am a bit baffled.

Any advice or even a price to repair this would be great. Happy to send it off if one of you have the ability to repair, just gimmie a price in PM.

Oh just FYI this gun should be doing 400-425fps.

Cheers,

Mike

jay.t is offline Unique is an understatement, I'm just a messed up frog pimp.
    Just one last thing to report.. sometimes there will be ONE shot where the slide doesn't contract back and that shot is always very powerful. Last time it did it hit over 600fps. Could be due to having the chrono on the end making the slide too heavy to contract back?? Doesn't explain the extra power though..

Not sure what the heck would cause it to do that.. I am a bit baffled.

Any advice or even a price to repair this would be great. Happy to send it off if one of you have the ability to repair, just gimmie a price in PM.

Oh just FYI this gun should be doing 400-425fps.

Cheers,

Mike[/QUOTE]

Are we to assume you are using a combro attached to your pistol?

Many would say they are inaccurate on co2 because of the blast affecting the sensors hence the poor readings, i know naff all about fixing these things so i'll leave it to the experts, just an observation
    Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?

Yes its the combro 625 mk 4. And I agree on the co2 blast could affect the sensor but the fact the pellet won't penetrate past 3 sheets of cardboard says it all
    Also when it hit 600fps it made a much louder noise. Oh and the combro records my Gamo p23 co2 at 400fps ish so thats accurate.
    I would guess that the projectile would travel faster than the gas? Especially since it leaves the barrel first.. I could be wrong though

Cheers!

This pistol should perform well if all ok.Your quoted fps of 425 is right.
    The co2 screw needs to be pretty tight in. Not ridiculous but if it isnt home power is reduced.
    It is easy to obstruct the slide when shooting.You might not notice it but if it touches your hand power is lost.
    Use flatheads and seat them well. Put some pellgun oil on the neck of your co2 cartridge and shoot it through.
    If it still doesnt work its knackered and needs expert repairs.IMO.

Yeah it's not something silly like the slide catching my hand or anything. The pellets are barely breaking through A few sheets of card and I tightened the co2 as much as I could without using a pair of pliers. Is the hammer meant to be loose and feeble on this gun? If someone can tell me that I atleast have a culprit! I know that the speed of a hammer can affect how much co2 is released. Cheers
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    This pistol should perform well if all ok.Your quoted fps of 425 is right.
    The co2 screw needs to be pretty tight in. Not ridiculous but if it isnt home power is reduced.
    It is easy to obstruct the slide when shooting.You might not notice it but if it touches your hand power is lost.
    Use flatheads and seat them well. Put some pellgun oil on the neck of your co2 cartridge and shoot it through.
    If it still doesnt work its knackered and needs expert repairs.IMO.