Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sexiest looking classic (pre 1960) airgun

Rifle has to be the Webley Mk III for me. Pistol has to be a pre war slant grip senior. I've seen plenty of Abas Major votes on this thread, does no one love the Accles & Shelvoke Warrior !!!!!
    Rob
    BSA & Webley

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Sexiest looking gun? Well, if your taste runs to rough sex how about this Russian home-made beauty?
    http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...anhomemade.jpg

Oh boy that looks like something from a "Mad Max" movie...

I have to go with the majority here and vote for the MKI Airsporter. Flawed only by the big BSA emblem on the butt. How much better it would have been with the traditional three stacked Martinis. I guess I’d also like to have seen it stamped rather then etched. Oh yes and a metal butt plate would have helped. These are but minor flaws in what I see as the “E” Type Jag of British air rifles.

No Contest, Webley MKIII with the fluted stock. The curves and lines of those beautifully polished castings used for the breech block, cocking lever and loading tap and that tapered barrel, finished in deep blueing. True style and quality, lost forever to die cast PCP wonderguns.
    Make every shot count.

Sheridan Model A Supergrade...a really nice pumper,makes a Sharp Victory look like a Smk in build quality.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Falke Model 80.

Like an really posh BSA Airsporter that went to a Swiss finishing school and Cambridge and competed in the Olympics before graduating. Check out the slim elegant grip, the Elm stock and the heavy hand-made engineering.

I'm a big fan of the Airsporter and the Falke 80. I've got four of the MKIs and 2 of the Mod 80. Hsing-ee you are right to a degree but the Falke just lacks that simple line flow. Both good to look at but the older sister wins hands down for looks and feel even if the younger one turns in a better performance. Just my humble opinion of course.

Could I suggest the Webley military rifles? A neighbour has one with a couple of barrels....with the bolt action it just looks...sexy!? (a lot of medical professionals will be taking an interest in this post).

Yes I guess the concept of a rifle that looks "SEXY" is an odd one but I think we understand what is meant by it. As long was we just talk about looking sexy. If they were sexy then the Pope would not allow preists to own them.