Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sexiest looking classic (pre 1960) airgun

Thanks everyone for the answers so far..This has turned out to be a good thread. Who said the collectors lounge was quiet???

I have already quoted my choice for air rifle, however I am now not
    so certain having seen some of the other choices.... However I am still sure of my pistol choice ABAS MAJOR all day long

Iconic, short lived 100% English design, with chunky barrel and turn tap loading. Made of billet steel,leather and silky smooth bakelite grips. One of the Holy Grails of pistol collectors. Superb in every way

keep the answers coming....

Lakey

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Hmmmm... I would think the Mk1 Airsporter as far as rifles go and the Abas Major for pistols.

My best Rifle, has to be the Cadet Major my early 40s model has a wonderful stock made from ? walnut or could be meranti from my school woodwork class days? what ever, it looks superb its light and shoots with accuracy, is easy to work on and easy for an old guy to use. I can shoot it all day without getting tired...
    My best pistol would have to be a Webley target, I don't own one but maybe one day...Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Hi All,

As the collectors 'Lounge' is a bit quiet at the moment I will ask the following question and invite people to submit their answers....

"What is the sexiest looking classic (pre 1960) Air Rifle or Pistol ever? And Why ?

For me it would have to be the BSA Cadet/Cadet Major. The smooth flowing shape is fab, the way the metalwork blends into the stock. The Tonka Toy build quality, and the fact that in 1946 it broke the mould and was totally different to what had gone before.....

Thats my idea, now how about yours

All the best

Lakey
    http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4...f0059large.jpg

First or last one of these for me

Thumbs up

BSA Airsporter Mk1

Sleek,power,quality and totally Arty Farty and way ahead of time

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I'm only interested in pistols, so slant grip Webley Seniors or MK1s do it for me. They look just right, and have the right proportions and weight.

Hi, It's the Webley Mk3 for me.
    Marsh.
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

My vote goes to the Mk1 Airsporter.........just Soooo classy and elegant!!!!

1st. choice would be a third pattern Webley Service Mk.II, and a Straight Grip Senior.

2nd. choice would be BSA Airsporter Mk.1, and a Slant Grip Senior.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Rifle-wise, the sexiest just has to be the Airsporter MkI with its three-piece, finger grooved, walnut stock, tapered barrel, and smooth shotgun-style sloped-back. Not only a handsome gun, but from an actual shooting perspective, is one of the better Airsporter models manufactured, too.
    Good analysis, I fully concur.

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    MK1 BSA meteor does it for me
    beautiful from every angle
    i just had one oryonef those in lol, every one thats seen it says what a great example it is, cant see it myself lol, but a goold old gun

For rifles, it would be the Mk1 Airsporter or Cadet, so nice to shoot and such clean and graceful lines.

For pistols, my favourite is the Abas Major, a nice design, compact and graceful, well made too (and yes, I am lucky enough to own one! ). But then I also like Webley Seniors and Premiers with the curvy grip, I also think that Hy-Scores, especially Sporters, have a certain appeal too.

Although it's a bit 'German' (not much grace or style about it) I also like the Tell III, it has very nice proportions, looks like a good design and seems well made. Not 'sexy' as such as it lacks a certain something, but as German airguns go, probably my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Just be sure to look after the second one from the right for me ...Dave...

Another vote for the Mk 1 Airsporter.

I was already to agree with all the folk who had chosen the Mk1 Airsporter, it is very sleek and I love the streamlined look, and I do have 5 of them. But when the Original Model 50 was mentioned it made me think again, it's a close run thing. I think the Cadet works but the Major looks out of balance. For nicest pistol how about the Hyscore.

Ormicron